Q&A Forums

Guys on Crew Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Trey Gibson
Posted: Dec 11, 2006 11:53 AM
Guys on Crew
How many guys are ya'll running on a crew. Most people do either 3 or 4. We are currently running 4 but would like to take it down to 3. What are some the experiences here?
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 07:18 PM
I'm running 4 to 5. One in the rig, one on the trigger, and one on the hose to help and/or run to and from rig. One or two other guys are either masking, caulking, can foaming, or trimming and cleaning up. Works out pretty good for us. I could see getting by with 3 to 4 on a smaller project but on the larger projects I would think that 5 would be a minimum.
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 07:26 PM
Newby,
What does that guy in the rig do all day, once your up and spraying. I've found two guys very productive for closed cell. Recently started spraying open cell and can see where four guys would be needed. It makes me wonder if I should bother with open cell.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 12, 2006 09:48 PM
Guy in rig basically keeps an eye on all controls and chemicals. He's usually cleaning gun parts or something semi productive that will help the two guys spraying keep the trigger pulled. If there is a shutdown/clog up, he comes in with clean parts, breaks gun down and gets it ready to spray again while the other two clean their masks and hoses all the while taking a breather. We could get by with 3 but I just don't want to leave the rig unattended. Maybe I'll work up to that but for now I'm not taking a chance on something going crazy in the rig with someone 200' away in an attic trying to get down the rig to shut it down before a disaster occurs.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Dec 14, 2006 08:27 PM
I run a crew of one to two guys. If your sprayer knows what he is doing, there is no need for somebody to be i the trailer. If I have a big job I will bring in a couple of guys to prep the house and then a couple of guys to clean up at the end. Most of the time I spray with just two guys and I think it is very productive and cost effective.
Posted: Dec 15, 2006 07:39 AM
what luke said...
Jeffery Dieu
Posted: Dec 15, 2006 05:12 PM
We use 10-15 guys depending on the job size, we have managed to be in and out of a 2500ft home in 8 hrs. No just joking 3-5 guys depending on the size of the job.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Dec 15, 2006 10:05 PM
We run a 2 man crew, sometimes 3 on a big job on the first day when there is alot of covering. Even when there is only the 2 of us, the gun is spraying all day.

George
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 16, 2006 08:42 PM
1-3 men.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.