Q&A Forums

Gusmer gun Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Terrance Harris
Posted: Oct 07, 2009 09:53 PM
Gusmer gun
Cleaning out the shop and found a Gusmer gun that I acquired some time back. We have never used it. It is tagged as a AB-A gun. Any old Gusmer distributor/guru out there that can tell me what this gun is or was used for? Gun block serial #MB0198.
mason
Posted: Oct 08, 2009 09:25 AM
Are you sure it is AB? Gusmer made a spraygun in the 80s called the AR gun. It was used primarily for high volume sprayfoam applications like roofing. It used impingers that came in a variety of sizes to accomodate different foam liquid viscosities and a plastic coated valving rod. You matched the foam with the impinger depending on the system. The gun consumed huge quantities of parts. The year they discontinued the gun, their parts sales went way down. Some folks loved the gun, it mixed foam well but if you got it too hot it would make a doughnut shaped pattern that was hard to spray right
clint moore
Posted: Oct 08, 2009 02:20 PM
Shoot me your e-mail and I'll send you the manual on it.
Doug Commette
Posted: Oct 08, 2009 02:26 PM
This could be the AR gun that preceded the Model D-Gun. They look similar.
Terrance Harris
Posted: Oct 08, 2009 03:08 PM
Carvelli, The Model D gun was preceded by the Model C gun if my memory is correct. The Model C gun was similar to the D gun but did not have the quick disconnect gun block. The AR gun came out about the time the HII was introduced. Anyway the gun I was inquiring about will make a nice paper weight.
mason
Posted: Oct 08, 2009 09:30 PM
Is it a very large gun? Could be a the pour gun equivalent of the AR spray gun. They had impingers like the AR gun but it was about twice the size. Used for large volume pour foam applications.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.