Q&A Forums

gusmer 20/30 pro Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 06, 2006 12:27 PM
gusmer 20/30 pro
help! i keep blowing hose heater breaker. 20 seconds max. amplok hose heat controller has both status lights on. have pluged the tsu directly into the proportioner. no change.have put the hose jumper plug on every 50 foot of hose.(150 ft)
nothing.i have asked for divine intervetion.still nothing! any suggestions? (just bought rig. trying to spray my garage to test it out. can't get past the breaker issue.
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 02:51 AM
roof foamer...,,,open the top panel and,,,after locking out the power in the OFF position...
check all the connections of the control board..obviously you will want to concentrate on the hose heat circuit...but you may as well check em all...i found numerous terminals that were not tightened and as the current flowed thru em it increased the resistance,,,then poof...trip-0-breaker...2 finger tight is all,,,its electronics,,,not a john deere.
hope this helps...
Posted: Mar 12, 2006 09:49 AM
appreciate the feedback. the cable to hose was pulling 115 amps before blowing! so far with a call to gusmer,and further testing, it appears the hose heat controller needs to be replaced.it is a new design that appears to have replaced once already! (non-factory tape job in the bottom of the unit) appears there is a problem with the "automatic control". this machine is not even a year old and on will be on it's 3rd hose heat controller.(the older machines use different blocks to hook up the hose heater lines)
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 09:21 PM
did you get the problem resolved?
if so,,,
what was the final solution?
Posted: Mar 21, 2006 11:01 PM
we could have gotten the standard heater board already. we opted for the "new and improved" wattlow heater board. appears this newly revised part is in great demand. we are on a list waiting for the new part. when that part finally goes in the 20-30 pro and works correctly, i will let everybody know.
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 02:17 AM
so what are you doing for a "work around" while waiting for the part?
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 02:20 PM
kind of stuck. doing a copper conversion at my 75 year old farmhouse in the meantime. i want to get going. got flat roofs when it gets warm. garages & shops, doing the walls. (nominal 3.5")i just dont want to put the same hose heater controller part in. (gusmer is aware of the problem) so i figure best to wait for the new part. nothing like being 1/2 into a job and poof! the standard part goes for the 3rd time! the other problem is liability insurance. my agent has me covered for truck, trailer,workmans comp. but liability insurance is another matter. in 2 weeks all his underwriters have turned him down.zero quotes. they won't even quote a highball figure! anybody with liability insurance out there?
Posted: Mar 23, 2006 03:32 PM
whoa! insurance agent just called. got me $300,000.00 liability coverge.one year.$1310.00
nautalis is the ins. co. (not sure how to spell it yet)now i have all the insurance lined up.
just need a working rig now!
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 07:38 AM
good job on secureing insurance..
rate looks about right...
you may want to consider uping to a 1 million coverage..not unrealistic in this world...
i had an "incident" that involved a $500,000 ferarri..(funny story)...no damage to it but it was too close for comfort..at that time i upgraded from $500,000 coverage to 1 mill...
as a roof contractor,,you are fortunate to have found coverage..
good luck
keep me posted on the Pro...
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Mar 24, 2006 09:24 PM
Yea, get one million with a million umbrella so you and your family can sleep well at night.
Posted: Apr 14, 2006 03:40 PM
got the (new & improved) gusmer heater controller installed. wattlow now makes this same part for production models of current 20-35 pro. (gusmer/graco.) will be on the east coast for 8 days. when i return, i will try it out. good thing i wasnt in a huge hurry!
Posted: Apr 16, 2006 03:45 PM
good to hear you will be up and running soon...
please forward the watlow #'s and the gusmer/graco #'s for this controller when you get em if you can....would be good to make note of in the manual..
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 19, 2006 08:02 AM
Our Glascraft units seem real dependable. Been using Glascraft since 1987.

We like the new P2 gun.

gcw
Posted: Apr 25, 2006 03:20 PM
original gusmer part#6690-26-26 (under this part# is: 112204 / sn 10080) this is the bad part. this is the part# on the controller

new # for heater controller is gg-297983. this part # came off the invoice. assuming this is the graco/gusmer #. if this # does not compute, i can stick my head inside the 20-30 pro for the part #(with power off!)

by the way the new part is completely different looking and has a small fan inside it. the old part has no fan.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.