Q&A Forums

Gusmer 1600FF parts/hose heat Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Drew Z
Posted: Jun 16, 2012 11:58 PM
Gusmer 1600FF parts/hose heat
Hello. I run a gusmer 1600 FF.

I currently cannot for the life of me get my hose heat controller calibrated to my hose thermostat. It reads the temperature, but will not control it. I have tried all possible configurations and have come up short, regularly.

I have decided that the only way to solve this problem, is to buy:

1. the first length of hose included the piece that houses the thermostat.

2. the transformer

3. (maybe) the controller.

I currently have a cal 3200 installed, that doesn't control anything. It simply tells me the temp...and it is up to me to jockey between the different places in the current transformer, and fiddle the preheater, to obtain an optimal hose heat for the correct rise of the material I use.

While I can however perfectly find that working combination, I do wish it was as easy as pushing a few buttons. That seems to be the way that people make money in this business....

The predicament...the catch 22...the enigma...is...my boss won't buy a whole new machine or rig until I can make money on every job...

I know....

So can anyone point me in the direction to find these parts? I ask my supplier and he simply ignores the question...I assume he would rather cash in on selling me a new rig...which is sad given the situation.

Anyway, if anyone can sell me a transformer, thermostat hose section, wiring, and possibly some light on how to make it all work with the gusmer ff, I would be very appreciative.

I love foaming...it's just such a hassle right now to get that perfect heat. I'm not a jack of all trades, just an insulator.

Thanks,

Andrew
clint moore
Posted: Jun 18, 2012 10:29 AM
Call either Craig or Bob at 888-920-1313. They can either solve or help repair your problem. Craig used to work for Gusmer and knows that machine inside and out.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.