Q&A Forums

Gun cleaner Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
john thompson
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 12:23 PM
Gun cleaner
I'm arguing with some people that have a combined experience in this industry of 6 months about the best gun cleaner that will be used to soak parts in, parts with ISO only, Resin only, and parts with cured foam. Has to be easy on the o-rings and all metal parts in all the foam and polyurea guns being used. What are your choices and why?
Linerman
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 08:38 PM
A cleaner easy on the o-rings good luck with that...but for liquid components I use lacquer thinner, it quickly dissolves A and B, cheap, and I can get it locally. For crystalized Iso I will either use Dynasolve or Gun Cleaner by Kleen Strip, Gun Cleaner I can get local, just as effective as Dynasolve and only cost about $30-$35 a gallon.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 10:54 PM
I use and sell surf-x-flush 2000. We use it in the shop for guns that need to be cleaned and repaired. Works the same as others, but it is not so environmentally unfriendly. Email or call me for more info. Any good cleaner is going to swell the orings in the gun.

George Spanos
clint moore
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 03:49 PM
Rinsolve or Glycol Ether works good. The Rinsolve is mild yet strong enough to break down crystalized iso.
chad harris
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 09:28 PM
We use PM Solvent, a.k.a. glycol ether, its running around 700.00 a drum.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 02:27 PM
glycol ether pm runs about 30 per gallon (5 gal cans) at Sherwin Williams. comes from Ashland chemical.

We've also used something called DPM. Don't know the difference between it and PM.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.