Q&A Forums

Guardian A5 Performance Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 08:21 PM
Guardian A5 Performance
Anyone out there have an A5 (either 6K or 12K heaters) that has used an 03 mix chamber and insert in a P2? What foam did you spray? What pressure did you spray at? What was the pressure like when on the trigger (how much drop)?

Anyone have the same machine and use a smaller compressor than the recommended 24cfm at 90psi? J

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 09:40 PM
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 09:10 AM
i dont know about the smaller compressor but it may do alright with an 01. i wouldnt try it with an 03. i just dont think it would keep up. and i would not use the 03 with tempermental foams such as ucsc on a cold day. that tip drops the delta t considerably. prob not a problem with the 12k heater.

sounds like you found a deal or somethin. what ya got cookin?
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 08:21 PM
So aside from the temp issue with the foam, how did the machine handle the volume demand? How much did the gauges drop when you were hammering the trigger?

No deal. I just haven't paid much attention to the actual reviews of the A5. Wanted to hear from people who were using them daily and their feedback. I would imagine that you really need like a 35-40cfm compressor to properly run that machine. Anything less would be running 100% all the time which can't be good.

I think I still like the principle of the hydraulic units although they have many of the same components, hydraulic is so consistent. You get the drum pumps hammering and the air purge, it seems the air motors could starve for air at times in the A5. I wish I had someone close by that I could play around with one for a couple days!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Grady Littlehale
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 08:17 AM
Tim, You supply the foam and you can play with my Guardian A-5 all you want. At least until your done my attic.LOL Grady

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.