Q&A Forums

Growth Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Leon Blocksom
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:23 AM
Growth
I keep reading some of the members here saying that the industry is growing at a mind boggling pace over the next few years and such. I can't remember the exact numbers one person used but they were pretty astounding.

Where is this information coming from? You know more about the business than I do. But I've looked deep into the business and see no such evidence.

I'm looking for your evidence because the evidence I've gathered does not reflect yours. I'm not saying that it isn't a growth industry because it is. I just don't see happening what I've read in other posts here as far as the hyper growth.

Is the government going to give MORE of an incentive to use spray foam insulation? If your only customer is the custom home crowd then again, I don't see the hyper growth. You've got the haves and the have nots now so I'm trying to see where the money is going to come from to pay for the have nots to own a new house with spray foam insulation.

On the other hand, whether the prices of housing goes down or not in the short term doesn't matter, the cost of construction will continue to rise. Housing prices will come back. Since the cost of new construction keeps going up, there may be more existing house renovations in the future. This may be your next market.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear from those of you that are quoting the hyper growth of the industry over the next few years.
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 05:51 PM
I can't speak for the fellas that you are questioning specifically, but the "Green Building" initiative is takin' off. I am in the retail lumber business as well as foam business, and almost every supplier I have come through the doors to my office are talking Green. It is happening, and foam will be a major player in the green market. Fuel prices are another big factor. The higher fuel prices go, the easier it is to sell foam to a would-be fiberglass customer.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 07:28 PM
I think it's called the green economy, and spf is part of the pie.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.