Q&A Forums

Graco E8p? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Matthew Gowin
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 02:03 PM
Graco E8p?
I am looking at a used one locally. I am currently using a fast kick gun which I like but it is kind of big and you must finish a cartridge when spraying starts. To tell you the truth I wouldnt even consider using anything else if I didnt have the chance to possibly get a good deal on this and the foam is sold locally in 5 gallon buckets which will be useful when I eventually do the rest of my house. For about $350 I can buy two buckets locally and knock out a room in a weekend with little mess. A little bit of drywall and paint and I can move on.

However, looking at the machine it looks like two airless paint sprayers connected together. I looked at another system called a lil pup, that when new, is in the same price point and it just looks like two pool pumps connected to a hose and a Graco gun. Is there more two this system or would I get the same result just picking up a used Graco fusion gun and buying two Graco XL paint sprayers with 2000 to 3000 PSI pumps?

I know there is a lot more to pro setups but for a small job it looks like this is all the E8p is with a recirculation option and the ability to add a heated hose. It cant be too extreme if it runs off of a single 110v 15a circuit.

Edit-
Looking at both manuals to the Graco Reactor E8p and the standard "Graco Brushless Sprayer" all of the 110v ~ 120v Ultra models with brushed motors have the exact same pump parts and even takes the same part number brush repair kit. So I am really beginning to think that having one motor to drive both, keeping the timing the same, is the only thing special about the e8p.
Randy Taff
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 06:51 PM
I would avoid it. They are not good for much.
Matthew Gowin
Posted: Sep 30, 2014 08:56 PM
Yeh I did. Between looking at the parts being the same as a airless paint sprayer (probably just me being paranoid) and the used price going from $1200 to $3900 in the last hour of the auction, I decided to not go with it. If the thing was $2000 new I would consider it but not at their current pricing model for a relatively light use sprayer (or light for what I would be using it for.) I know the spray gun is nice and $2000 alone but for the performance and use I would probably get they would probably be better using the disposable type touch and seal guns to keep the price down. Then again maybe that is an idea to get the homeowner light contractor crowd.

As for the fast kick gun it has been very easy to deal with and low maintenance. I am really getting use to the open cell foam and at first I was a little skeptical. The worse that has happened was I had foam build up on the front which caused the cartridge not to seat right. It still sprayed but one of the cartridges ruptured because the plunger was being pushed on an angle. I only wasted about half the cartridge. Of course it is a little bit slower and a little messier than a pro level gun but I cant complain with it being almost free with the purchase of 3600BF of closed cell foam. The open cell is a little bit more challenging because the lift is limited to around 3-4 inches and once you start with a cartridge you have to finish. That being said each cartridge is really only two 16 inch on center bays. Since I do multiple passes I seem to have less waste. I have a pretty good system going of spraying and moving random junk in the room around while the next cartridge is in the microwave. I have a rather large room almost done with a double studded wall filled with 6-7 inches of open cell foam.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.