Q&A Forums

graco e30 single or 3 phase Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
James Wilson
Posted: Feb 21, 2011 08:59 PM
graco e30 single or 3 phase
purchasing a new foam rig, and am wondering what is the best route togo with generator and reactor pump? should i go single or 3 phase?

also with a graco e30 whats the minimum generator requirements i can get away with? its only going to be running the machine , we run gas air compressors and no air dryers , most we run with the spray rig is a saw or grinder at same time

benefits?
pros cons?

thanks
Brian Bothun
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 01:23 AM
I'm running a gas generator and hate it. Another motor to maintain. If i was to spend the money again i'd buy the biggest generator and rotary screw compressor i could afford. Along with the biggest reactor i could afford also.

(man do i sound like a salesman)
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 22, 2011 06:55 AM
If you are going to go with a cheap gas, single phase generator, then single phase. If you want to do it right, buy yourself a 33-40kw 3 phase diesel generator so that you have enough juice to run an electric compressor when it is time to change out the gas one. As far as power consumption, the e30 needs;

Standard 10kw heaters, 1PH, 78 amps, about 18kw
15kw heaters, 1PH, 100 amps, about 23kw
Standard 10kw heaters, 3PH, 50 amps, about 12kw
15kw heaters, 3PH, 59 amps, about 14kw

See page 8 on brochure at left for power consumption.

George Spanos
SFDONE
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 06:54 AM
speedflo,,respectfully,,
read what georgeous george is offering here,,,
do you see what the amps for the proportioner is stand alone,,
you need to change your mindset,,
think of band heaters,,20Amp each,,lites in trailers,,,outlets,,heater in trailer(mines 30A)
compressor(my 10hp hits at 45 runs at 30 or sumpin like that),,now you aint run a drop cord or 3 out into the attic or house...
you need to think of redundent,,,of future power needs,,,of wear and tear on the gen itself...
can you run full speed all day long???

i have a 40kw 3ph in the 1 rig,,,she works hard in the winter,,,real hard,,,
when i put this rig together i thought it would only power "itself",,,
now it frequently powers our "shore power" rig as well when we are tag-teamin foamin and with all the heaters, compressors, and proportioners and goodies goin i have seen upwards of 140A being pulled off the old girl...she's a groanin when she hits
my point is you have to think of the future,,
it isnt that far away,,,
and there is an 80kw in my future..lol
dude

ps: hey gorgeous,,,is there still a phase conversion kit available for the E30??
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 08:09 AM
James Wilson
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 01:23 PM
Definitely buying a diesel generator . Currently running a 15kw gas and it's fine but i do know the diesel is better , I'm buying a generator and new e30 in conjunction with echother but I wanted to make sure if 1 or 3 phase was the way to go?

Benifits one versus other I don't wanna get a single phase and 3 phase was the way Togo

Thanks
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 05:01 PM
realize you can pull single phase legs off of your 3 phase box....
you have the beauty of the lower amperage 3ph on the higher demand schtuff like the proportioner and compressor,,and pull 120/240 to the work room
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 07:13 PM
If you are going to have to purchase a generator with your E-30, I would strongly suggest going 3 Phase.

Dudes right, if that E-30 draws 80 amps at single phase, compressor draws another 20-30, band heaters 20 amps a pieces, you will quickly get up and over 110-120 amps. So if you are grabbing someones shore power, you will need 2/0 or 3/0 wire, which is tough to put in someones breaker box that you are borrowing.

My Gama 250h (Equavalent of an H-40) only draws about 45 amps 3 phase and even with the heater bands, compressor, etc.... I am only drawing about 60-70 amps when running wide open on each leg.

If I were running single phase, I would be close to 150 amps.

So if you have to buy a generator, go 3 phase and you will never be disappointed on the E-30.

Just my opinion!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.