Q&A Forums

Graco E10, Whole House? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
bobby pratt
Posted: Feb 10, 2007 11:00 PM
Graco E10, Whole House?
I`m a hvac contractor looking to expand into the foam insulation business. I work alone doing hvac and will do the same spraying foam. The machine I`m looking at is the Graco e10. Can a whole home be done with this machine? Equipment cost is the main factor. I`m not sure how much of a demand there is here in Nashville so I dont want to invest a bundle into a big rig. Any good sources of used equipment? Thanks for any advice you can give.
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Feb 11, 2007 04:56 AM
If your looking for some used gear you can try the classifieds that are on this site, or ebay. I have yet to hear of anyone spray'n a house with a E-10.... not that it couldn't be done... i just haven't heard of it...

we run an E-20 and we work it to the max.... I have had many discussions with the people at Graco about how we work our unit and they are impressed... if you never sprayed foam before i would recommend taking the time to watch the process, understand the equipment, and learn a little maintance (sp)

If you want some quick information on shootin foam call me.

Tim
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 11, 2007 04:15 PM
An E-10 might be a good entry level machine. You will want to upgrade it in a few years.

olger
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 07:33 AM
I started with the E10 and have done complete houses with it spraying .5 and 2.0# foams. It takes a few days to just spray it and another full day for trim and clean up. I think that machine taught me everything that can go wrong in spray foam. Looking back, I thought the E20 would be a better way to go, but will cost you more for everything you need to do a job and it makes smaller jobs not worth the effort. I like my E10 and I also have the XP2. Now I can do small jobs as well as large ones and still make money with both. If I did it all over again, I would still use the E10 as my start-up unit. E-bay may still have a unit listed for 5k that looked to be in great shape.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 12, 2007 08:13 PM
The E-10 will spray a whole house. I bought one to go along with my construction company. It's a nice addition. If demand for foam exceeds this machines capacity it will be time to upgrade. (probably next year)

You can buy this machine and start spraying for about 10,000, or you can get the next size up and get going for 30,000.

You have to start somewhere, maybe you will like spraying and maybe you will not. I see a lot of big rigs go up for sale that are used once and IT'S OVER!
Posted: Feb 14, 2007 10:01 PM
we have a one year old e-20 machine for sale if you are interested e-mail me
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 09:51 AM
If you have a complete rig ready to run, the smaller jobs are a piece of cake, and completely worth the effort. You will have MORE time and effort into doing a smaller job with an E-10 then you would with a complete setup.

Just my 2 cents.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.