Q&A Forums

Graco E-20 Strokes Per Set Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
kevin smith
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 04:48 PM
Graco E-20 Strokes Per Set
Hello Everyone,

Quick question. I own a Graco E-20 machine. How or is it possible to charge per stroke on the machine.
1. Some jobs are probally easier to charge this way , due to the estimate.
2. Need to know if i charged enough or lost money on it.

Also how many clicks should i get out of a set of foam.

Thanks....

BDK Foam Insulation.......
mason
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 06:02 PM
I guess you could. The cylinder pumps a specific volume of material each stroke. I don't have the specs but you can call your equipment rep and get that information.

But as for bidding jobs based on lbs, you can get pretty beat up on it. I believe that each job has its own circumstances that should be reflected in your bid, small items like how long it takes to get there, how small are the spaces, how long does it take to mask and trim, permit hassles, total size of project, overhead required for your rig each day to make a profit, etc.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 22, 2008 09:43 PM
BDK,

Multiply your stroke counter by .0104 to determine the total number of gallons used. You should be getting 10,000 clicks per set. The number of clicks per set will vary +/- 5% depending on the temp of the material in the drums.

George
mason
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 03:10 PM
Thanks George, I still think you should bid based on the specifics of each job not by clicks of the counter. But, this is a good way to determine your actual yield per job to see if your bids are correct.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.