Q&A Forums

Glascraft's Guardian A5 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 09:24 PM
Glascraft's Guardian A5
Is anyone using the new Guardian A5 unit? How is it performing? Would you buy it again, knowing what you know about it now?
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 09:30 PM
Not exactly the feedback you are looking for, but I would like to buy a Guardian!

Tim
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 09:33 PM
Share your thoughts on the 2 machines please.
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 09:42 PM
Well I don't have any hands on experience with the A5. My E-20 is limited to 210 feet of hose which I have. For most jobs I don't think this will be a problem BUT if I needed more, I couldn't use it. The A5 has a 310' capacity.

I have been told that the A5 with fewer electronics should be more reliable, but I know there are plenty with good experiences with the E-20.

The E-20 was only available with 6000 watt heaters, you can get the A5 in a 12000 watt version. I wish I would have just bought the A5 with the 12000 heaters and be done with it and not be having second thoughts.

The A5 takes up considerably less space in a trailer and in smaller trailers that space can be precious. I have a 34' trailer so space is not really and issue for me!

Lastly, and most important, I have local support for the Glas-Craft which I think is extremely important. Plus RED just looks better!

Tim
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 08, 2007 09:50 PM
Tim, thank you for the reply. Judging from your company name i assume you are from N.H. I to am from the northeast (central Maine). Are your 6000 watt heaters not enough? The 12000 watt are another 3k or so. Do you think it is justified for the additional expense.
I believe the Guardian A5-6000 has a delta T of around 50. How does that compare to your E-20? Also the 12000 will take about 25 amps more of electrical power than the 6000. I'm considering buying the Guardian, just want to get the right one. I to agree with you about the support thing..........very important. My truck is red and silver and the trailer will match.........so a red machine is a given, saves painting.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 11, 2007 04:13 PM
Got a new Guardian sitting in our shop. We will install it in another trailer this spring. Looks like a good unit.

We have an MH in our main rig. Like it real well.
Matt Findley
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 08:18 PM
I just bought a Guardian A5-6000 about three months ago. So far it has worked great. Ive sprayed three very big homes, and no problems. Very happy with GlasCraft service, I live in Indiana only an hour away from GlasCraft which makes it nice if i need something. Im new to the foam business. So far so good.
Sealection500
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 08:35 PM
Boone,
have you found the heaters to be adequate? How cold does it get in Indiana? Are you spraying all open cell or closed cell also? 245 or waterblown?
Matt Findley
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:01 PM
Yes I think so takes about 30 min to recirculate full drums from 55,60F to 100. It has been very cold here the past two months below freezing, I store my box truck inside the drums stay about 60. Yes I spray both open and closed from Demilec. Really like both products. closed cell 217 winter no recirculating on closed cell
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 10:27 PM
The A-5 is my next machine.
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 10:31 AM
Just curious...why have you guys all chosen the Glascraft A5 over the Graco E30? I'm leaning toward the E30.

Leon
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 12:32 PM
It's prettier :).

olger
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 05:44 PM
Basically it comes down to support. I checked out different brands and places to buy them. Most want to charge you a couple grand or more to teach you to use there expensive equipment and to buy their foam.
I figure if I'm going to spend a lot of money on your equipment and material you should teach me to use it.
Where I will buy my machine from soon, will offer that instruction and tech. support after the sale. I've already visited one of his jobsites for 2 days and picked up the very basics. Yes, I gave him a couple days of free labor but it was way cheaper for me. I also know it is not over when I write the check. I will go and get another refresher course when I get my machine and he offered to come to my place and help get up and running. None of the others do this without an outragous fee.
Oh yea, and red is my color.
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 07:37 PM
Circle-D

On the issue of training, w******ver you buy your equipment from should train you on how it should be used, but in spraying foam there is a lot more then just using the equipment. I think it is very important that insulators are trained and understand the how to do a good job. I am not a big fan of teaching yourself on the job, with foam it is real easy to "mess" a house up. So learn the equipment and learn how to insulate correctly and try to find money to take a class on how to spray foam right. You will not regrete it.

Luke
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 25, 2007 08:12 PM
I don't think the A5 is comparable to the E30. I think it is comparable to the graco A20. I haven't heard feedback from the A20. I have heard good feedback about the Glasscraft A5.
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 01, 2007 09:47 PM
i have been torn between the guardian and the e20 myself. till i found a 15k gen like new for 1200 and a 20 cfm gas compressor for 600. gotta love ebay. so now i gotta get the e20.i realy wanted the guardian though. i'll let yall know how it turns out.
Todd Baxter
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 09:43 AM
anyone using the a5-a6 equipment??
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 04, 2007 10:21 AM
I have a few people using the A5. There have been no major issues. Only normal everyday foam issues such as; foamed gun, stuck pump, lazy drum pump, faulty whip hose, etc. Not enough to shut the installer down for long. All are very satisfied with the unit and it's performance. Email me if you would like their email addy's.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.