Q&A Forums

Glascraft v Gus/Graco Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 17, 2006 08:47 PM
Glascraft v Gus/Graco
What are your thoughts on these two companies and their equipment and/or support? Just talked to an old Glascraft rep who is now handling Gusmer/Graco (or w******ver they will be) and he really likes Glascraft. Funny coming from a guy reping the competition but he just felt like they may have better support or service after the sale. He also felt like they didn't have as many mechanical issues. Any thoughts???
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 07:02 AM
I have a glascraft MH2 and haven't had any problems other than a defective whip hose that was quickly replaced. I only take my P2 gun apart and clean it when it needs it, about every 3 weeks. When I do, I only clean the fluid sections and replace all of the o-rings in the fluid sections. I am going to PA next week to get someone up and running with the new Guardian system. It is glascraft's less expensive foam machine that they developed to go up against the graco e-20. I'll post my thoughts when I get back.

George
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 11:25 PM
I need a machine to compete with the 20/35 pro as I'll be spraying both urethane foam and polyureas. Will be working both in the residential wall foam market as well as the commercial flat roof and pre-eng metal building coating market.

I know foam and ureas don't go well working out of the same pump. I'll probably use two hose sets to help reduce the potential hazards. If I can get the wall foam business up to where I want it, I may be able to purchase a dedicated foam rig and can keep a dedicated polyurea rig.

I have heard that Glascraft is VERY responsive to equipment problems where the other has lots of buttons to push on the phone menu. Then when you get where you are going, you get to hold and eventually leave a voicemail. That may be a deal breaker for me.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 19, 2006 07:07 PM
I like the MH for foam & polyureas. Lots of muscle.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.