Q&A Forums

GlasCraft Hose Fittings Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
swfoam
Posted: Jun 09, 2011 12:01 AM
GlasCraft Hose Fittings
I have searched but cannot find the fitting sizes for the glascraft hoses. I am trying to attach glascraft hoses to graco hoses. I know I can buy a kit from graco but they are charging $120 for $10 fittings. Any suggestions? Thanks guys
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 04:33 AM
(overhead,,research,,development,,employees,,benifits,,profit(how dare them),,the cost of doing buisiness)
now i just paid $25 for the oring for my inline pool sanitizer top,,,6" oring,,probably cost em $2,,,yep i coulda ran all over the ******ry side lookin for a $15 oring,,and found it too,,but man i wanted to swim,,,
you wanna spray,,spend the money,,,
cripes,,$120 is a tank of gas,,,
dude
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 10:03 AM
Glascraft hoses are #6JIC(3/8") on the ISO side and #6SAE(3/8") on the resin side. SAE fittings are only available in brass and will not take the pressure that we work with. Graco makes the required high pressure fittings and you get what you pay for. We have the kits in stock.

George Spanos
sfdone
Brian Bothun
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 12:58 PM
cripes i didnt know youd get eaten up for trying to save money. $120 bucks is way to high for a tank of gas let alone a couple fittings...

I decided to buy a 10 dollar snickers because the dollar store was 2 blocks away and i didnt want to go that far...
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 11:05 PM
you aint seen beat up
i was bein nice,,serious,,,
and yes #120 a tank when down at the E,,,both rigs,,usually twice a week,,,gulp,,,
lawn care baby,,,
Linerman
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 10:30 AM
I thought the resin side was JIC#5, been awhile since I've messed with glascraft equipment.

I would suggest going to a hydraulic repair shop. Thats all they are hydraulic hose fittings. Make sure they're rated for the pressure, temp and fluid.

dude, you forgot to mention (monopoly).
swfoam
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 10:41 PM
Thanks for all your help and replies guys. Dude,
I know that Graco has to make money and they have overhead and everything else. But paying $120 for two hydraulic fittings is OUTRAGEOUS!! I can get them at my local farm and equipment supply for around $15, and that includes them making money. So for Graco to go and charge us the amounts they do, is difficult to swallow.

I guess that's what you get when the industry is allowed to be bought up by one company...
Daniel X
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 12:53 AM
Complain all you want but we bought 3 Graco 390 airless paint sprayers and they all had big fat "Made in USA" stickers on them...

Can your local fitting place say the same?

(I'm from Canada)
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 07:46 AM
Unfortunately, the graco hose conversion kit gives you about 10 fittings for all different conversions. If you have a p2 gun or a fusion gun. If you are going to put the graco hose in the middle of 2 gc hoses, at the beginning or at the end of the line. Usually, you use less than half of the fittings in the box, but need to buy the whole box.

George
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 12:00 AM
what!!!
they wont take the extra's back????
capitalists pig's!!!!
a friggin monopoly,,yup (picture head bobblein)dats what it iz fo-sho
Linerman
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 08:05 PM
dude, your too much. You should have your own spot on the forum.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.