Q&A Forums

GETTING STARTED Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
MATT JOHNSTON
Posted: Apr 06, 2007 05:42 PM
GETTING STARTED
I was interested in getting started in the roofing, insulation, and coating industry. i was wondering if anyone had any helpfull info on this subject. for instance, should i go to a school to learn or work for someone. and where would be the best place to buy my equipment.
Jamie Ackerman
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 08:50 AM
There are a lot of variables in what you should buy for equipment... depending on what market you would like to spray in. Residental spray equipment is a no brainer, but when you get into a larger commerical job or a huge ag building you need the right equipment to do a quality job! Chemical companys are starting to divide into desk jockeys, brokers, and people that actually have spray some foam before! Watch out who you start dealing with because the answers you get when you start asking the tech questions might not be answers at all!!! Give me a call and we can speak more about this off-line 563-556-1527
Jason Kron
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 07:55 PM
JimmyRed

There are many variables but they are many good peopl out there to help let me know where you are at and I will be able to find someone possibly local or I would be glad to walk you some beginning steps.
Michael Flander
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 11:17 AM
Jamie,

I keep hearing the same thing you said more and more. It seems that as the business is growing on the material and equipment side of things, the harder it is to find people that have experience pulling the trigger.

Even though it sounds like a sales pitch, I just wanted to step in and assure you there are companies out there that have the experience necessary. Our entire companies upper management were all Graco employee's at one point in time. This experience extends right down to the guys building the trailers and equipment. We deal only in equipment, which allows us to specialize in this area. I also know of several other equipment and material distributors that work hard to keep their reputation.

On the same note, I also know of many that work hard to take your money, and provide as little support as possible. For those new to the business that are relying on the company they purchase from to keep them spraying and making money, this is a disaster. Not to mention what it does for the industry as a whole.

My 2 cents,
Mike Flander - Endisys

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.