Q&A Forums

Fusion CS Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Rodney Schares
Posted: Sep 12, 2010 05:42 PM
Fusion CS
Who here sprays with the Fusion CS?
I have been having problems lately with the RD02 chamber this year when ordering new chambers.

They either have no pattern to begin with or they will spray great until I have flushed the gun and broke it down for servicing, put it back together, Couple it up to the manifold open vales and boom no pattern.
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 04:21 PM
We have used the CS gun since it came out. We had a RD0202 with our first gun but switched it out to the RD0101 and have had no problems to speak of (chamber wise anyways lol). We find it easier to control your spray while still being able to put it on at a decent pace.
Rodney Schares
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 07:02 AM
Yeah,I got the CS last April and have not had a problem like this until this year.Seems like every chambe rI get works just fine until the first flush and gun cleaning then reassemble and nothing....Driving me insane.

I can put in and old 01 or 03 and works great but for some reason these 02's this year are goofy.

Graco have a bad batch out or what?Every single one had had the same date code stamped to the underside of it.
Daniel X
Posted: Sep 14, 2010 10:05 PM
What do you mean boom "no pattern"?

Is your pattern irregular in shape? Is it a horseshoe or two dots instead of a round pattern?

I don't have a CS I use a Fusion, and used a D gun prior to that, and if I tear the gun down and clean every part (not often), I soak the mixing chamber in solvent over night.

Eventually the chamber gets dirty to the point that a drill bit wont clean out all of the gunk, you have to use solvent.

If it works just fine until you clean your gun, you're not cleaning the gun well enough. Why would it magically end up being a bad batch of parts if it worked great initially?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 05:16 AM
Let me chime in here...YES, there are occassional batches of bad mixing chambers, 4 yrs ago Gap PRO 02 fire hose effect comes to mind, 2 yrs ago 55 size for the D gun. I would contact your distributor and work directly with their tech support to make sure you've done everything, then send it in on a PQR - product quality report with Graco and they will test it.
Rodney Schares
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 06:47 AM
"Boom no pattern" is pretty self explanatory.I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with the CSRD0202.

Tip sprays great, perfect actually and I decide to clean the gun after a few days of usage.Uncouple from hose manifold,flush with DOP,tear it down.

All looks well in every port, orings good,seals and chamber faces are spotless with no scratches,reassemble.Boom no pattern.

Keep in mind this is a new chamber.Get pizzed off and flush clean and extract new chamber put in old CSRD0101 or CSRD0303 and Boom back in business.

I am cleaning my gun beyond good enough....

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.