Q&A Forums

Fusion AP Air Handle Drill Bit Sizes Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Dec 10, 2012 09:00 PM
Fusion AP Air Handle Drill Bit Sizes
Does anyone know the lengths of the 5 drill bits in overpriced Graco kit # 248969 ? Any help would be great.

Thanks
mark moyer
Posted: Dec 12, 2012 08:12 AM
u see it as an overpriced drill bit..
if your xyl (old lady if your a hippie,,wife if you prefer)worked for em you'd want her paid well..with decent beni's...
you do not see the engineering and development costs of previous and new products..remember they go way beyond foam...the liability exposure with high pressure crap...
then there is operating and maintaining a dealer network worldwide so we can get parts and service,,,and on and on and on..
you go to lowes and by a schalage lockset and pay upwards of 75$ for it,,,cause they know you probably wont rebuy for 15yrs,,one time shopper,,it is factored into the price...

graco is not a monopoly,,you have plenty of choices...there is plenty of good equipment other than theirs to buy..with good service networks..graco's just been at it longer
and they buy up the weak and crumbleing,,that is not a monopoly,,,that is strengthening the industry and your marketshare,,they have never aquired anyone whom was not for sale,,,hmmm,,,

dont know the size of the bit,,,measure..piece of wire maybe as a stylette...but i never done it,,,i just call georgeous georgeous or the goddess of foam...and they ususally straighten me right out,,,,

thanx for the rant!!!
dude
blomberginsulation
Posted: Dec 15, 2012 08:07 PM
Are you looking to buy your own bits to clean the gun? What problem(s) are you having? Let me know, you don't have to purchase a graco kit to clean the gun properly.
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Dec 16, 2012 12:24 PM
UPDATE: I went to Grainger and picked up a 1/8" x 8", 11/32" x 8", 9/32" x 4", and a 3/32 x 4" bit for a third of the Graco kit price.

Thanks blomberginsulation for not throwing out the "Support your local Graco Dealer" card. I didn't want to wait for my dealer to place an order, pay overnight shipping, and lose a day or two.

I had a problem with back pressure doing a recent slab jacking job causing material to pass by a set of stationary side seals (no springs) and backed up into the air piston chamber and the handle of the gun. Not a big deal, nothing an overnight boiling couldn't handle.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.