fushion gun Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Energy Tech Solutions Inc. - Chuck Costa
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 09:20 AM
fushion gun
anyone have any good cleaning tips!
Posted: Sep 15, 2007 05:17 PM
i assume you mean gun body??

i wrap mine in a solvent soaked rag and place this into a zip lock bag to be set on a drum overnite...
in the morning i open the bag and unwrap the gun,,
put the rag bag in the bag and seal for later reuse..i then blow most of the solvent soaked foam debris from the gun body with compressed air,,,sometimes a piece or two needs a little persuasion from the hunk of steel wool,,but not often,,the solvent seems to loosen things well..

did i say you should have gloves and eyeware on?
you should..

have a nice day
'dude
clint moore
Posted: Sep 17, 2007 11:42 AM
If your talking about the daily cleaning,use a flush kit to purge any remaining chemicals that are in the gun,then grease the zirc fitting until it mist out the tip.Usally a couple of pumps is all it takes.
Graco does make gun covers for the Fusion gun,but a quart size storage bag and a rubber band do the same.
Huey Reed
Posted: Sep 28, 2007 10:49 PM
We buy Granny Leggin pantyhose, slide up over the gun and down the whip about a foot. Snip a whole at the tip and spray all day. Remove the hose, presto clean gun.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 07:50 PM
I can't reply for the fusion, but I know it would be similar as what I do with the P2. Scrape any large pieces of foam off. Spray with solvent, stick into a plastic grocery bag. In the morning brush off the dissolved foam. Spray a couple strokes into the bag to make sure everything is ok. Toss bag in the trash and do it all over at the end of the day. Oh and I also check my iso gun filter everyday before I spray as well.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Posted: Oct 08, 2007 04:54 PM
We have a half-hour DVD for cleaning spray guns.
Please call or email if you are interested.
Thanks,
Michael Flander
Posted: Oct 09, 2007 03:08 PM
What, you can clean these things? I thought the guns were one time use....... :)

There is no such thing as too much lithium grease when ISO is involved.
Robby Chapman
Posted: Nov 15, 2007 11:26 PM
I boil my gun in anti freeze it works great. Do this outside, don't put anything plastic in the pot the rubber o-rings will be fine. It take about two minutes. Handle with care the parts are hot.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 01:45 PM
I've heard of using antifreeze in a crock-pot but haven't got to that point yet.

We usually spray some release agent or rain-x on our guns before we start spraying.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.