Q&A Forums

FR foam etc Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Peter Sturdivant
Posted: Nov 01, 2011 04:56 PM
FR foam etc
I have an application where I am searching for approximate 3-5 lb closed cell foam for a SIPS application. We wish to locate an appropriate 3-5 lb foam with a Class 1 (or Class A) fire rating.

Our application is to make a Structural Insulated Panel in an industry related to building construction.

It seams there is 2lb foam out there with a FR. But the heavier foam seams to be scarce or difficult to find with the FR. We require the heavier foam from a structural design perspective....and the fire rating.

Also we have received some proposals for spraying equipment. The prices are all over the place, from $4k to 13K for a spray gun unit. I think that the reason is the prices came from both the packaging and the insulation vendors, although some offered products to both markets. But not sure?

If someone has some good info, feel free to email me directly.

I look forward to comments and questions.

Panel Guy
steven argus
Posted: Nov 02, 2011 06:07 PM
3-5 # foam is typically used outside, roofing. Therefore it does not require a class 1 fire rating.

As far as equipment goes... call George. Spray Foam Distributors of New England.
Peter Sturdivant
Posted: Nov 04, 2011 12:30 PM
Thank you for the response. On certain building types, even if the foam is outside, there still can be a FR requirement.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.