Q&A Forums

foam enterprises training Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Josh Lowman
Posted: Mar 28, 2006 08:17 PM
foam enterprises training
Going to foam enterprises for thier foam mechanics course any body been to thier course. Hoping to start a biz in residential small jobs to start. Lookin for epuipment recomendations. Graco E20 soun ds like a good unit is the E10 too small for residential. Also what size of generator and air compressor is sufficient.
Posted: Mar 29, 2006 08:45 PM
The E-20 will be perfect for your situation. Easy to set up operate and maintain. A 20kw should supply sufficient power for your E-20 compressor and acc. You dont need a real big compressor We have a 10.5 scfm@ 90 that works fine with a 2 tip gap gun. We don't use pneumatic pumps though, we use pressure tanks.I can tell you though that the compressor even works very well with our pneumatic foam plane.
Josh Lowman
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 12:24 PM
What is a 2 tip gap gun? How much pressure do you run to your pressure tanks. And what is a foam plane. Sorry new here tryin to take in all I can. Do 20kw generators run on gas. Also do you need air dryers.
Posted: Mar 30, 2006 09:35 PM
A gusmer Gap gun with a #2 mixing chamber. 30 psi. A plane used to flush stud cavities, Look for a diesel unit, and yes an air dryer is a good idea it is imperative to keep the A-side dry . You dont want the nasty crystals forming.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 10:13 AM
E-10 is a great repair machine. Too small for real production.

Diesel is a better generator-lasts longer and runs more efficiently. Don't short your self on air.

I attended a FE school in 1986. It was a good experience.

gcw
Josh Lowman
Posted: Mar 31, 2006 02:11 PM
Will the graco fusion with the stud wall attachment work fine. Also is the E-20 enough to do a pole barn or quanset. Live is farm country so their definetley could be some big pole barn type jobs. And how many gallons does your pressure tanks hold.

I was also wondering how you measure a job. Is it in board ft. , or cubic feet. I assume you measure in a 3 dim area. And how far will a set of foam
go board ft., or cubic feet.
Posted: Apr 01, 2006 08:27 AM
"E-10 is a great repair machine. Too small for real production."
i concur...

Diesel is a better generator-lasts longer and runs more efficiently. Don't short your self on air.
and i concur again...

output = productivity..buy the largest machine you can afford,,it is tough to go back,,and resale will bite you if you dont get a few years out of the unit...

good sourse for generators... www.gopower.com
ask for juancarlos...

i bid by board ft sprayed space,,then provide the customer with some possible options (this marvelous product affords a myriad of application possibilities)..ie: building envelope (3/4-1"), R-13,R-19,R-25 and so on...

yield depends on product used and other variables..
i just use 4000 brd ft/kit for 1.9 or 2.0 foams (yes i yield better but this gives me a safety fluff)
i use 15,000 brd ft/kit for open cell...

highho highho its off to the home show we go...
have a great weekend and lets keep the dialoge comeing...foam good....
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 01, 2006 10:21 PM
What half-pound do you use, FDude?

We use Sealite...

thanks,
gcw
Huey Reed
Posted: Jul 08, 2006 12:51 AM
Call Frank Bien at Polymer Processing about the Heated Raider plural machine, 407-880-8739 or visit www.polyproco.com. I know Frank and his equipment is the best, quietest, an simplest on the market. You can hear the spray gun over the Raider even when your standing right next to it spraying, awesome.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.