Q&A Forums

Florida Building Code to Cover Sealite Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Robert Hall
Posted: May 12, 2008 01:21 PM
Florida Building Code to Cover Sealite
I am a building contractor in the middle of constructing a new 3,400 sq/ft CBS Warehouse (type V Commercial) with wood truss, 4/12 pitch Metal roof…no mechanical or other ignition source in attic.

Local building department approved the plans which call for use of the ½ pound Sealite foam for under the sheathing application…now that the building is ready to insulate they tell me I can’t use it. My foam sub-contractor met with the building officials and presented the ICC Test data to them and they still won’t budge…they want data approval from the Florida Building Code not ICC… and to top it all off they are using the 2004 Florida Building Code and want it approved by that criteria…does test data exist that will meet this request? They also wanted an ignition barrier even though we don’t have an ignition source in the attic… we are biting the bullet on that to the tune of nearly $3K and they still want more documentation beyond the ICC report on that as well. The whole project has come to a screeching halt till this is resolved.

Regards,
Robert

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.