Q&A Forums

Flat Spray tips for Graco Fusion anyone?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 03:47 PM
Flat Spray tips for Graco Fusion anyone??
I have a desire to get the right parts and try spraying SPF with a flat pattern tip rather than a round pattern tip. Anyone want to throw some suggestions my direction?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 19, 2007 10:49 PM
I tried a flat tip with my P2 for a while. I liked spraying with it, but it needed to be cleaned too often. You can spray just as smooth with the round pattern. I only use the flat tip now for spraying ceilings when the strapping is already up.

George
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 09:23 AM
Are you spraying closed cell or open cell?
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 09:31 AM
Mostly spraying open cell here in south Texas. Have heard a lot of negative stuff about the flat pattern tips but then have seen some finished work what was really sharp looking. We create a non vented attic on all applications and this is where I think that the flat spray pattern might really shine. However before I spend the money I wanted to garner some others experiences.

Currently using an .02 round pattern tip, is working quite well honestly, just always looking to improve the finished product.

Thanks in advance, Kenneth
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Feb 20, 2007 03:58 PM
I'm struggling to get the right pattern out of the P2 flat tips.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 21, 2007 11:58 AM
I have a flat tip for fusion gun. I tried it for a while with oc foam. It was a pain trying to keep a even flat spray. Now I just use the round tip for oc and cc.
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 23, 2007 09:13 AM
Hey guys,
If you are spraying open cell and would like to try using a flat tip, I can supply you with a TP100 tip package. It includes all the adapters and seals needed. It works great for 16" on center studs, and also works for 24" on center studs, although it may require a second pass or putting a little more distance between the sprayer and the wall. I have heard only good things about the TP100 system, but it will not work for closed cell foam. As far as I know, there is not a good flat tip for closed cell, it is simply too difficult to keep a good pattern and will require a lot more cleaning, regardless of the tip you use.

Thanks,
Mike Flander - Endisys
763-428-5075 ext. 205

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.