Q&A Forums

First time roofing tips?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Alex Bochkarev
Posted: Mar 30, 2019 05:15 PM
First time roofing tips??
I’ve been spraying for over 6 years but have yet to do a roof.

The project is a 7200 sqft flat roof 3/4” tongue and grove plywood with a 1 percent grade truss design to slope to the drains.

The customer wants 4” of 3lbs roofing foam so he doesn’t have to worry about insulating the ceiling from the inside.

There is a parking lot across the street (about 300’ away) and a building next door (only 1-3 vehicles parked at a time) otherwise the rest is surrounded by an open field.

My supplier said to use a primer between the subfloor and first layer of foam I’m wondering if that’s even necessary as it will be a clean wooden substrate. Also I am sealing it with Poly-sil 2200 (silicone) 20-25mm.

My questions are:

What lengths should I go to for overspray prevention? (Already plan on building a 10’x7’ frame with burlap material in between)

Should I spray the entire roof at once or in sections?

How thick should my passes be?

What size tip should I be using? (Ap fusion)

Any tips or suggestions would be really helpful thanks in advance guys!
Bawisher jaky
Posted: Feb 06, 2024 03:30 AM
With decades of experience in roofing, I specialize in Standing Seam Roofs. Key to success is precise fastening, crucial for load transfer. I've encountered significant forces akin to aircraft takeoff, emphasizing the need for robust methods. Doubling roof pan fasteners for solar integration is common, with spacing and screw size adjusted as per manufacturer and engineer recommendations. Retrofitting may require extra-long screws and S-5 attachments for added support, particularly in high-wind areas. Collaboration with engineers ensures meticulous planning to accommodate location-specific factors and design loads. visit Roof Repair reston va

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.