will heat for $113 annual
will cool for $38 annual
84% reduction in carbon emissions

green indeed!!!

domestic hot water for the occupants costs more than the heating/cooling load

so when is foam "to expensive"???
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 02, 2010 04:24 PM
Sounds good to me! I am thinking about going with geothermal for our new warehouse/office/training facility that we are building. Any recommendations where I might find a good foam contractor? Do you think that the fiberglass blanket that comes standard with a steel building will be ok?

George
Posted: Jul 03, 2010 07:19 AM
georgeous george...
geo is a nice system..but,,consider the cost,,consider the added elect service(yes,,they do "discount" the rate,,at least for now..???wonder when they will do away with the discount,,there is no contract of guarenteed price forever,,probably after they have a gazillion geo systems in place,,then up goes the rate,,)then,, consider infloor radiant heat for your warehouse,,when its cold you can lay on the slab,,,spend your money on the building envelope,,,foam under, around and over,,,
i would use one(or more) of them there foam kits,,,i augment my system with radiant lp heaters,,,power goes out in the ice storms and i still got heat for the storeroom,,,
good luck finding a good foam contractor,,,are there any??
and the filterglass bags...sheesh...uh they bag the glass to keep it from gointohell from the condensation dripping off the vapor retarding metal roof deck back into the glass. and they install it with attention to the seams to keep the water on top of the plastic,,between the bag and the deck,,,
yes georgeous george,,you can build cheap...yes george,,you can have cheap insulation,,,yes george,,you can pay twice to heat and cool the building than you need to...
training facility???dogs???,,,wifes??kids???
good luck with that...
oh yeah,,,and further more,,the geo folks advertise "go green"..pennies a day to operate..
but if the structure is insulated poorly the heat loss is the same no matter how the heat/cool is generated,,,green my derriere, you have done nothing reduce the load required for the structure...it dont matter how you heat it,,geo, forced air,,radiant,,burnin bucket of horse poop,,the btu requirements are the same,,,oh yeah,,you have reduced your operating cost,,,green indeed..

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.