Q&A Forums

Extension Tips Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jason Gaborie
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 08:55 PM
Extension Tips
I was just wondering about what experience people have had the the extension tip kits for the Fusion AP. I am still new to foam, but I like the idea of these. One of my competitors told a customer that he could spray the roof in his 20ft tall quonset from the ground. Do you lose yield with these? Which one would be best for closed cell? Can my E20 put out enough pressure for these?
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:05 PM
I have never used one before, but once you get outside of the 30" - 36" away from the substrate on a vertical overhead spray pattern, gravity takes it affect.

Sure you can hit the roof 20' away by dropping your temps and using a spray nozzle, but it will look like s..h..I...t..

Be careful, put plywood over the ceilin joist, use ladders with guys holding and make your job look professional.

Your quality of work will be your best salesperson.
Lynn Mether
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 10:38 PM
Got some used em and threw them away. Too much overspray and looks horrible. Buy a lift.
steven argus
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 04:17 PM
We use a jet stream adapter for our P2. I would never spray over head with it. ( I've certainly considered it though) It is worth having on the rig. We use it mostly for OC in tight attics. Sometimes with CC in tight crawlspaces.

Very easy to loose on the jobsite when your switching back and forth. The guys left it on our last jobsite. George... please send me one.
Michael Flander
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 05:14 PM
The extension tips are designed to get into hard to reach places at a distance, and are commonly used for filling cracks and crevises also(IE: the end of an angled crawl space, etc.) The previous replies are correct in that they are not designed to give you a great pattern 20' away, nor would it be recommended to use them to reach a ceiling as the mess you are going to make negates any time savings you would have by spraying from the ground. Not to mention, as said previously, it won't look good.

The extension tips come in a few different sizes and lengths and can be matched to your specific mix chamber, so you could use them on the E20 easily. Just be sure to order the right one.

The extension tips do work well though, and we sell quite a few of them, just not for that application.
steven argus
Posted: Nov 15, 2011 05:33 PM
opps. left out some key words there. "at a distance" Be careful though. Don't spray too much CC at a time. 2 inches and move on.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.