Q&A Forums

Estimating Savings? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 10:25 PM
Estimating Savings?
What is the best and most accurate way of estimating heating and cooling costs in new houses? I've seen some websites where the insulation contractors guarentee such and such savings and I was just curious as too how they make these estimates of costs comparing spray foam vs. fiberglass.
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 11:43 PM
Most HVAC contractors have software that determines a house's heating and cooling needs. They can further specify insulation type. One such example specified 180K btu heating requirements when using fiberglass. The EXACT same house with foam, only 60K (1/3 the size)!! Talk to people who has foam installed, the product speaks for itself!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Posted: Apr 13, 2007 04:01 PM
The very best way I have found is www.energywisestructures.com . I highly recommend them to everyone I meet. I do not get a dime for this, nor do I get credit on any load evaluations I have performed by them. HOWEVER....my closing ratio using this company is over 90%....and I am not a cheapo contractor.

I hope this helps.

Oh yeah, I am also a very seasoned Air Conditioning contractor as you will note from all the grey hair. www.coolservice.com

Kenneth

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.