Q&A Forums

Equipment sat unused for a long time Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 03, 2009 10:30 AM
Equipment sat unused for a long time
Ok, without going into too much detail. My rig and pump sticks, E-30 machine and 300Ft hose sat in storage for a very long time (about 1 year). What is the procedure for bringing everything back from the dead? The pump stick were left in the empty barrels, E-30 machine was shut down properly but still has A&B in hose & Machine & Pumps. John Deer diesel runs good and compressor works fine. I am worried about the hose (300ft), pumps and E-30 machine. both AP and MP guns were cleaned and stored in org boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Linerman
Posted: May 03, 2009 04:53 PM
Be prepared to spend some money in rebuilding/replacing pumps and hoses.

I would first try to flush the system try to push the product out. Your A side feed pump is probably gonna need to be rebuilt along with the displacement pump. Hoses might be fine but you may have to replace one or all sections, I would replace your inline feed hose. Then you got your heater rods. It just comes down to the iso what has hardened and how far in the machine and everything.

Good luck.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 07, 2009 11:14 AM
Flush the iso first - part of it will be yellow and thick and full of air bubbles. Get that out and replace with clean iso. Check feed pumps for operation.

Feed pumps do better when setting in a full drum of iso, incidentally.

good luck,

oG
Posted: May 07, 2009 12:35 PM
Thanks, I think I have learned a lesson here. What and where do you purchase your cleaning solution and how much do you use to flush the whole system? pump to gun.
Linerman
Posted: May 07, 2009 08:17 PM
Dynasolve cu-6 Your supplier should be able to help you or you can go to dynaloy.com

You'll use about 20 gallons(9 per side) to flush entire system.

When you do flush let it recirculate for about an hour in jog mode at the fastest setting without creating a hazard.

Have fun:)
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jul 11, 2009 06:02 PM
I just cranked up an H20/35 that sat for over a year. When I shut it down I ran plenty of fluid thru it to flush it and left diesel fuel in the A side and Hydraulic fluid in the B. Don't recall why we did it that way other than on the advise of someone who had success with that method. She cranked up just like new and sprayed 2# like it was nothing.
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:55 PM
remove screens at gate valves turn on a supply pump with gate valves shut and run K1 thru a side if it seems to flow freely replace screens and open valves. with gun off purge old A out. your B side should be fine. Your A transfer pump is the biggest concern. If you get flow thru your a side prior to machine chances are you will be ok. There are many old tricks of the trade to cleaning out these machines. No sense rebuilding unless there proves to be a pressure problem upon firing it up. But my gut feeling is that if you have flow to the proportioner from the transfer pump your in like Flynn.
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 10:47 AM
What is K1 ?
Circle-D
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 10:38 PM
Kerosene

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.