Q&A Forums

Equipment manufacturer issue Need advice Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
MatthewAvery
Posted: Jun 05, 2012 10:52 PM
Equipment manufacturer issue Need advice
I bought a foam machine in April of last year that is designed on the grace e series. My warranty has just expired and the co is not going to replace anything else for free due to the one year being up. In the first year of having this machine we have have the following problems

6 pump failures
1 circuit board failure
1 main valve control failure
6 CID. Display for measure temperature digital
I primary heater
Both pressure gauges on the primary heaters

These are all just the items that are bolted in the foam machine, I currently need one new pump and two cids

Is this normal in the spray foam business to have the air motor on the machine be the only item that is still from the original purchase a year ago. It has cost me thousands of dollars in parts and pieces not to mention downtime, does everyone else have these kinds of problems or do I just have. A lemon. Which is what I think the case is
Lynn Mether
Posted: Jun 06, 2012 12:11 PM
Sounds to me like you got a lemon! I have and e series and yeah a few issues but nothing like your talking about. We run ours everyday and give it quite a workout too.
I would line up all receipts for the repairs done and talk to graco, they are usually really good about warranty issues. Maybe corporate could make it right.

If not let them know you'll tell everyone in the spf business your issues.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 06, 2012 09:00 PM
Ok so it's kinda like the e series Graco machines? I just took a little piece of ****** machine on trade, I can't remember the name maybe the foamer - yeah he had the same stories but he loves his e20.
mark moyer
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 05:58 AM
..for the benifit of all the others
whom may think the mainstay of the industrys equipment
is too expensive,,,

could you list the name of this machine???
accountability

you see you already got one reader thinking it is a graco machine,,,

cause i sure dont wanna buy one,,
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 07:48 AM
How is it designed on the Graco E series? Is that what the salesman that sold it to you said? The Graco E series has an electric air motor, not an air motor. These issues are not commonplace in the spray foam industry. Well I shouldn't say that as I have seen a fair amount of junk. I see these air driven machines made in China that I could by for $6k a piece with hose and gun! Absolute junk. I know that there is one company in FL that is putting their sticker on these machines and stating that they are made in the USA! Maybe they are refering to their sticker.

George
mason
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 10:22 AM
There is a "lemon law" that applies to cars. I think a reasonable extension could apply to foam machines. I would contact an attorney who specializes in product liability for their advice on the matter. An opinion might cost a few hundred dollars, but they could tell you if you had a claim.
Cory Boehs
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 04:55 PM
I bet you could sell it to a farmer or homeowner here that wants to do their own project..... You sure can save money doing this here spray foam yourself!
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 09:28 PM
Let me guess, the unit was cheap...
MatthewAvery
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 09:53 PM
Well I don't want to roll anyone under the bus, but I bought a new machine from somebody else and will meet with my attorney next week. The guys who I bought the original machine which is not a graco are being complete a holes about the machine and the problems. He claims we did not call and get instructions on how to calibrate the last part they sent us so they won't warranty anything else and we are just sol. I was a hose manufacturer today and they called said manufacturer and tried to figure out why my temp sensor was not working and to quote the tech from machine company " oh they have one of those machines .....those are a complete piece of crap". This was while I was on speaker phone. I mean come on. I know I should have bought a better machine, but you should stand behind your product regardless
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jun 07, 2012 10:00 PM
I looked today and it's the foamer and he paid $24k for the entire trailer and he got what he paid for, the machine lasted a year n half.
Bob Silverman
Posted: Jun 08, 2012 10:57 AM
Calling someone out because they won't stand behind their product isn't throwing them under the bus. By them not standing behind you, they threw you under the bus! Doesn't soythane make the foamer?

Bob
B.Celestaine
Posted: Jul 18, 2012 07:12 PM
I'm a total nube and I don't know your machine at all . But my $.02 are..
Since you have already spent the money .and there is no warranty ..Maybe you can rebuild your machine as the systems break with better parts. Like the proportioning pumps. replace them according to the specs with a better brand. as for the digital gauges maybe graingers has a replacement. worse case scenario replace that system with normal instrumentation which you can definitely get from graingers. wire the gauge, thermostat, thermocouple and transformer according to the specs. Once up on a time these machines didn't have boards. So any machine which uses a electric heating element can be rewired that old school way. You may need a instrumentation guy to help
angus mcdougald
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 09:34 PM
If you are just going to reinvent a sprayfoam machine please also make a backpack touch up rig.... i would invent it myself but graco would just sue me or buy me..... hmmm thinking being bought might not be bad... anybody want to get involved?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.