Q&A Forums

Equipment Logs Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 03, 2006 08:33 PM
Equipment Logs
Does anyone use equipment logs? Something that records all of the activity with the rig? Maybe shows when the rig is cranked up, how long it runs, strokes, product type and amount used, etc. And maybe even a service log or information to indicate if and when a problem arises and why?
Posted: Sep 03, 2006 08:58 PM
my daily job sheet
date
miles out
job site
job description
diesel hours on
diesel hours off
strokes start
strokes end
fluid manufacture
batch #'s
notes written throughout the job....
goes with the bid folder to be filed at the completion of each job,,got 1 for pretty much every thing i have shot...
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 04, 2006 11:22 AM
That sounds great. Do you keep a one page sheet with multiple jobs or does each job end up on it's own sheet? What I had in mind was a quick ref to hang above the bench or H25Pro but it does make sense to keep a copy of the log in each job folder. Maybe I'll get a binder and just compile the logs in the binder and make a copy for the job file.
Posted: Sep 05, 2006 08:41 PM
i make a new "daily worksheet" for each job..
i can typically get about 5 days on a "landscape" layout sheet. depends on how much notes and phone numbers and other stuff i scribble on it..hee hee.
mine are on a clipboard in the top drawer of the workbench,,,and at the end of the job i file it in the "bid/measurement" folder...i then bring this to the office desk...when it is invoiced i mark the job sheet "invoiced & mailed" with date and permenantly file the folder in the file cabinet...till it is needed for pondering at another time,,,
works for this poor old country foamer...hope it helps you too
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Sep 06, 2006 06:50 PM
We record machine strokes daily, and any anomalies on my computer diary.

olger
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 07, 2006 08:10 AM
Anomalies??? Like the one that Nemo lives in? : )
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 07:50 AM
deviations from the normal??hee hee
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 08:04 AM
I knew there was another name for foamers.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Sep 08, 2006 07:18 PM
"Anomalies Incorporated, may I help you?"

olger

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.