Q&A Forums

Eaton compressors Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 09, 2009 09:43 PM
Eaton compressors
Does anyone out there run an eaaton compressor? I have heard they have great customer service. I paid for and orderded my compressor over a month ago. They keep pushing my delivery date back.
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 06:27 PM
i own 4...
good compressor,,,
fair price...
great service...

they shipped me a warranty 10hp motor overnite...i about pooped...

a month to build seems a bit excessive,,,
particularly if you didnt order anything funky...
i would call,,ask for matt...
if he cant give a ship date i would request a refund,,tell him your buddies at sprayfoammagazine.com are waiting to hear how this shakes out,,,
his machines have got lots of positive press here in the past..

good luck
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 06:52 PM
Thanks, Dude
I spoke with matt today. He cleared things up. They took a 10 hp and swapped parts needed to make it a 7.5 hp single phase. Also managed to find me an air dryer in time to ship out by 2/19. It is still a month late. I am glad Matt was able to clear things up.
quentin
Posted: Feb 23, 2009 04:22 PM
I live about an hour from them and have been there. Great company and products. I do know they also were building a new facility a few months back so may still be settling in which could cause some issues.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 06:52 AM
new one yesterday,,
opened the door to the bumper pull rig,,,
the 10hp eaton seems to have broke the welds of the foot plates and gussetts at the front of the machine,,,thing came forward and landed on the corner of the tool cabinette work bench,,,bent it up some,,missed the e30 by 1 1/2",,thank you god,, dinged the fan cover to the motor,,bent the crap out of the 1" copper air lines and the electrical is trash as well...

now this thing broke at the welds,,,the foot plates are still bolted thru the floor/frame and in place...
and thinkin about it,,usein the retrospectoscope,,,maybe havin like 450# of motor and compressor about 6' off the ground on top of the tank wasnt such a good idea on my behalf,,,i mean rockin and rollin down the road,,,think of the stresses,,,

and thinkin about it some more,,these things probably werent engineered for mobile applications,,,

so we will yank the tank/compressor today,,weld a flange around the entire bottom to assist in multiple points of fixation to floor,,

we will weld a couple of D-rings to the tank up high and attach those to a e track ring or three,

we will order our rotary screw 7.5hp to replace the top heavy, noisey, heat producing hog,,,

10hp to the shop it goes,,,a life of feeding airtools and blow guns,,alas,,,

guess i should have been keepin my eyes wide open all the time a bit more,,eh?
quentin
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 07:50 AM
I wanted a rotary but just was not able to afford it at the time but the gas powered one I have works like a champ and starts, runs and everything etter than any other piece of equipment I have in the trailer. It helps if you get one with the tank laying down like i have though. A ton less stress on the machine and welds that mount it then. Link on the left has the page with the series of compressors I bought.

Them being local to me and moving MUCH closer also helps a lot! I have a problem and am working in this area I can just go get the part or take the trailer to them for a repair if I ever need.
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 05:38 PM
I have 2. I think they are decent units. Response time SUCKS, and they always have some excuse why they are late...plasma cutter down, welder broken whatever, same excuse each time to me and others I have spoken to about Eaton. My first one was great. The second one has had a few issues, more than I would care to admit (brought work to a halt more than once) Starter issues, leaking pumps. Overall I think I would buy another as they are a good value. But there is better out there if you have more to spend.

Tim
SPFer
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 05:41 AM
Foamdude,

What type, model, size, etc. rotary compressor are you going with? Fill us in on the details and how you like it as I am looking into one as well.

Thanks
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 07:38 AM
I just got all my equipment. One issue for me is space the compressor is a 7.5 hp rotary screw. 60 gallon air tank and ref. air dryer. This set up fits in my rig but was meant to be in a warehouse or garage. The compressor is very easy to service. I will let you know how I like it in a couple weeks. I looked at an atlas/copco, It was more expensive but after my late delivery troubles and considering the amount of space it would have saved I wish I had gone with atlas.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 06:52 AM
i am still on the fence about the rotary
the 7.5 eaton takes up a heck of a lot of room,,
sounds like they are lookin at a 5hp,,,
this should have decent performance at a smaller footprint,,,
home show this weekend,,oh boy!!
Raymond Brooks
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 08:01 PM
Kaeser makes a rotary screw, refrig air dryer, 60 gal tank combo. It's footprint is 2'x 3'x 60" tall. I just installed my first 7.5hp...sweet machine. I have pics and prices if you would like to contact me off this board.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 01:01 PM
Does anyone run a 7.5 rotary screw. I am running one with a 60 gal air tank and model 56 air dryer and air regulator. I was just wondering if anyone could give advice on what mode to run and psi. The factory setting is 125 load and 145 unload. I am running a glascraft guardian a5-6000 with it.
quentin
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 08:09 PM
Call Eaton with the specs required and they will help you with the settings. A bit of overkill for your Guardian though. I am running thier gas compressor and it works all day without a hitch.
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 09:54 PM
No overkill. I am running at almost max to keep up with my guardian.
Circle-D
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 10:27 PM
They make a great product quality wise but the customer service does SUCK. They are always late to send service parts (filters, etc.)I had to call Matt the president of the company 2 months and a couple of e-mails after ordering to find out where they were. They were never shipped! He apologized, immediatley shipped me the parts at a discounted price for my wait. They arrived, alas they were the wrong ones. All of them were wrong, so I guess they figure there still batting a thousand.
Well another 2 weeks goes by and I get 2 out of the 3 things I order (supposedly at no charge this time). The 3rd one will be shipped tomorrow (the e-mail says). 2 weeks later a whole new filter assembly arrives because the one I just got the element for as the drain discontinued. Oh yea, the credit card bill arrives in the meantime with the charges for the wrong parts. So I repeipe everything from 1/2" to 1" for the new filter and away we go. Sent the wrong parts back and someone calls me wondering why she is getting these back and what to do with the invoice. I guess no one talks to one another at Eaton. I told her someone else was going to credit the bill, Today a different credit card bill arrives with the credit from Eaton. They can't get anything right the first time. They must have kept that other number from the sale 2 years ago, is that legal??
Anyway, as I stated in the beginning, great product, but be prepared for mutiple e-mails, phone calls, headaches, stress and frustration if you want it or anything for it. I'm getting ready to convert the rig to a screw compressor and it probably won't say Eaton on it.
Matt is a great guy on the phone and always says that customer service is the most important thing. He talks the talk but the company can't walk the walk.
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 11:23 PM
I have been running mine for about 3 months now. Over all it has been good. Sometimes in the morning the check valve won't close. Which means I can ethier wait for the timer to count down 5 minutes, or shut off the switch at the breaker. Tech service can take a couple hours for a return call. Not good when you are trying to get foam through the gun. I have been able to diagnose and fix all of my problems before tech has gotten back to me. The rest of my equipment came from SFDONE and I have excellent tech support from them!
Circle-D
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 11:53 PM
In response to my post dated June 29, 2009 10:27 pm, this follow up. A couple months ago I emailed Eaton about a recurring issue of my Eaton compressor, which as long since been retired to shop life. I explained how the starter has burnt out twice. They replaced it once under warranty. I then replaced it again thru an online vendor. It burnt out again a few months later. I emailed them more for advice or maybe a reason this kept happening. I looked at there current models and they were running a different starter. I thought maybe they discovered the starters were problematic. The next business day I got a call and voicemail from Matt himself, followed up by an email, as I was spraying and he did not catch me. He explained they changed starters over the years and would send me a new starter and pressure switch, ALL AT NO CHARGE, INCLUDING SHIPPING !!!! Matt refused my offer to pay, saying he knew of all the problems I had and wanted to try and make it right. I was totally impressed by this move. Their unit is over 10 years old, twice the 5 year warranty that came with purchase. A week or so later the parts arrived. This time of year is so busy spraying, they are still setting in the shop chair but I will get to it when things slow down. He certainly walked the walk this time, My apologies and thank you Matt.
mark moyer
Posted: Dec 05, 2017 12:44 AM
re: eaton compressors.
i too have good experience with matt and his crew.
they have stood behind their products with me in the distant past.

circ d,,you a good man,,

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.