Q&A Forums

E30 Pressure Drops Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 25, 2011 03:51 PM
E30 Pressure Drops
Lately me E30 is constantly losing pressure. When this happens I check a number of different things. I know there is an overide switch. Where is it located on the unit?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 06:54 AM
When you start out and both gauges are at 0 and you turn the pump on, do both the a and b gauges come up to 1500psi together. If so, and you let the machine sit, do you loose pressure while at idle? If so, first check that material is not leaking by the recirculation valve on the front of the machine. Next thing would be to check the lower check ball and seat on the pump on the side that is loosing pressure. If the ball wasn't seating properly, you could get some material going back into your supply hose, raising the pressure in the supply hose. What override switch are you talking about? Disabling the e24 shutoff? I would not recommend that you do this, it will allow you to spray off ratio. You need to fix the problem, not just make your unit spray.

George
Yvan Richard
Posted: Sep 26, 2011 09:14 PM
Thanks.

Do you mean the ball valve on the supply pumps or on the reactor?

Yes when I start the machine it will go up to the correct pressure equally. It when I start to spray and the pressure drops.

I know ratio is the main concern, however do you know where that overide switch is?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Sep 27, 2011 11:43 PM
I had meant the check balls on the bottom of the reactor pump. If you start the machine and the pressures come up even and the reactor holds pressure then it is unlikely you have a pump problem. If you start to spray and the pressure drops on one side, you have a restriction in the gun on the side that holds pressure. The material can't flow out of the gun. Yes, I know how to turn off the E24 feature, it is in the manual. But why would you want to do that if you know you are having a problem? You must read the other posts about the shrinking foam, shrinking foam can be caused by issues like this where you trick the machine so that it keeps spraying.

George
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 03, 2011 08:53 PM
I checked the balls in both pumps and I was able to easily move both of them. Checked they y strainers, both were clean. Pulled the diaphram pumps out and balls at the bottom also moved freely. Cleaned out the ISO jug on the reactor, put in new TSL one of the hoses(RT & ST are the correct depths) does have a some blockage, I will change that tommorrow. Both drums are vented, ISO side with a desicant and resin side is left open for the day. Gun and tip is perfectly clean.

Pump does come up to pressure when I turn it on, and then they both fall to zero.

Air pressure is approx. 110psi. when it does spray the pattern is perfect.

Other than changing the hose, what else can I do?

Any help is appreciated.
Linerman
Posted: Oct 04, 2011 09:21 PM
Maybe dirty/faulty transducer....does your machine start to act like its cycling slowly during operation?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 05, 2011 05:58 PM
What size mix chamber are you using in the gun? Sounds like you are trying to outspray the machine? Are you getting an E24 code? I think that a phone call would be more benificial to you than all this typing. Call me.
George
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 05, 2011 08:54 PM
when it does pump, it seems like it is working fine.

My applicator sprays at about 1400 most of the time.
Yvan Richard
Posted: Oct 05, 2011 08:57 PM
Thanks George,

I will give you call.
chad harris
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 02:01 AM
See ****** flip.
George Pearce
Posted: Feb 26, 2012 01:56 PM
Having similar problems with my E-30. Did you find a solution?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.