Q&A Forums

E-XP1 not holding pressure A side? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Snowkan
Posted: Dec 09, 2016 09:01 PM
E-XP1 not holding pressure A side?
Hey all. I do spray in bed liners in Ontario, Canada. I use the Graco E-XP1, and over the few years I've been using this machine, I've had to replace parts due to failures. This time however, my A-side is not holding pressure. I took it all apart (last time there was dried ISO in the check valves) and noticed some O rings damaged and just overall pleasantries in there. I have rebuilt the displacement pump with all new o-rings and whatnot, but it won't hold pressure. Ive looked for videos online but can't find any rebuild videos. Our spray booth is right beside a wash bay (dealership) so the environment is very humid..have air dryers though..Any ideas? Maybe flushing it? I've been down for almost a month now waiting for parts n whatnot...Is there any type of solvent I can use to help flush out the line? I dont want to have to order anything else...Can I use anti-freeze? ( ethynol glycol) Acetone?
Linerman
Posted: Dec 31, 2016 12:05 AM
Figure out your problem?
AERtech

Repair and Tech support for Air Equipment & Repair

Posted: Feb 03, 2017 03:36 PM
have you checked the rod and cylinder for abrasions? with new seals that could be the issue or check balls not seating correctly in the pump.

Hope this helps.
Rodger
Posted: Feb 22, 2017 06:02 PM
Definitely want to check the ball & seat in the pump, you may have replaced the packing but your hard parts may be damaged.
Also make sure there is no leaking from the rupture disc. or that the bleed of is closing all the way.
flatfoamer
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 04:43 AM
if the reserculating valve is leaking you will see fluid draining back into drum while under pressure with the valve shut. if so, the valve is bad. good luck

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.