Q&A Forums

E-30 Motor control board Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 04, 2008 09:16 PM
E-30 Motor control board
Here is a problem that hit us at the end of last week. My guy started up our unit, got everything prept, went t turn on the pump motor and got an E24 right away. Turn off teh machine then back on and the pressure read out is stuck right around 2200 psi, fluxuates by about 100. We relieved all the pressure in the system, everywhere, and still it remains. Asked my parts rep if it could be a bummed transducer but he said no, its the motor control board. Anybody else heard or had this problem before?
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 09:04 AM
The pressure readout on the electronic display is stuck @ 2200 psi? What do the analog guages read? What machine is it?

Mike Flander - Endisys
763-428-5075
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 09:18 AM
My E30 has been blowing the circuit breaker for the pumps. Wonder if my machine is heading down the same path? Did yours blow the breaker for the pumps before this?
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 11:08 AM
2 different problems E-Foam. What is happening with the machine when it blows the breaker? Are you on generator power? Could be a variety of things.
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 11:59 AM
Mike, this is Jason Hartkopf. I called you the first time it happened, nothing to trigger it that I saw, just fired up the generator, turned the heat on, and the pump message board was dead. It just happened again the other day, same scenario.
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 12:31 PM
Hi Mike,

Its a Reactor E-30 machine. The guages are bang on. Bleed off the pressure, guages go to zero or around 100, normal regardless. And just to check they are fuctioning properly, I turned the heaters on and watched the pressure go up. I have checked everything and all is good. But like I said, I want to make sure what the problem is and not spend a million dollors on stuff I don't need. A new Motor control board is on its way so I will keep you posted.
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 03:19 PM
Let me know if the board gets it. In the mean time, you could pop the transducers out and clean em up to see if there is anything out of the ordinary. Unfortunately it is stuck at a higher pressure then your machine is capable of so there is no way to find out which side is stuck. You could try disconnecting the transducers from the board and see if you can get a change or not. Oh and yes I've seen that before, and if I remember correctly it was the board, but it still couldn't hurt to check things out while your waiting for the board.

Jason,
I will order you a replacement breaker today and send it out, think you can handle swapping it out to see if its just the breaker? Is the problem repeatable or is it just random? Afraid to call me on the second time or what? lol...

How is business?

Mike
Jason Hartkopf
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 05:19 PM
Yeah, your scary.....
It is just random, not every time. Send 'er out if you think that'll take care of it, I'll put it in. Business is pretty slow. I've got a good size job in a few weeks up on Battle Lake, but I've missed a few pretty good size jobs. I can't believe some of the #'s people are throwing out there. $.70/bf. Got beat on a $22,000 job (my bid) by $4,000. I figured it again (after he told me the difference)just to see if I messed my bid up, but it wasn't. I am curious to see who does the job. What are you hearing from other guys? The Lumber yard is starting to pick up a bit now, and hoping that the foam does too.
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 06, 2008 09:25 AM
Alright... I'll have it sent today with an RGA for the old one. When you get the new one just take the old one and send it back with the RGA and we'll credit your account. If it happens after the new one is in let me know, we'll need to try something else...
Posted: Feb 08, 2008 10:51 PM
Hi Mike,

Well where do I begin?! I want to stangle my tech guy!! We got the new board, put it in, and got a E23 and E24 everytime you turn it on. After asking him if it could be a transducer and him saying no and that there was no wayto test them, he now says that they are what our problem has been the whole time. Man am I pissed. Its been a week that our one unit has been down. Anyways a new one(s) are on there way, let you all know what happens.
Posted: Nov 07, 2017 09:23 PM
Hello i am having an issue with my E30 i keep getting an E28 high current . I have cleaned my machine with my air blower . And still giving same code . I have had this in the summer aswel and had a screw compressor malfunction we got it replaced but the truck has been done the last 4 months . Had a siezed up iso side whip replaced it on both a &b .recurced the lines good flow and constant solid stream or flow . Put new clean gun on and within 5 minutes it shuts down . I had my pressure at 1250 when it happened . Then turned it down by 50 psi until reaching 850 psi my lowest i will go .
mark moyer
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 12:53 AM
pray jesus,,pray
ShaneM
Posted: Nov 16, 2017 02:17 PM
Hey Zeus,
What is the issue you are having? Error code, Low pressure?
The E30i relies on the coolant to help heat the system.
Check your voltage coming from generator into panel box.
You could also be experiencing a motor control board issue or motor issue.
Would need more information.
888-920-1313

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.