Q&A Forums

e-10 tank conversion Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
steve reddick
Posted: Jun 09, 2013 10:17 PM
e-10 tank conversion
Hey, I'm looking for a small entry level setup to expand my already established insulation install company. I like the e-8p and the e-10. Before you guys say anything, I do know the e-8p uses the room temperature foam.
We do mostly retrofit work, blowing in attics and walls of existing structures, with the Occasional small addition or new whole home residential construction. It would be an add on to spray crawl space walls and rim joists and maybe flash and batt. We just don't have the money right now for an e-20 setup or larger.

my question is: is there a way to remove the built in tanks on the e-10 and hook up directly to drums or 15 gal tanks via pumps? I don't want to have to stop every5 or6 gallons of chemical, fill the tanks and let them circulate to reach temperature.

As Far as the e-8p goes, I realize that the no heat foam is on average higher priced than traditional foams, but i spoke with swd urethane and they will sell me the chemicals in 55 gal drums for the same cost as regular heated foam and I would then transfer into 5 gallon buckets. I like this setup because of portability. Spray foam nation makes a heated hose for the e-8p now and I could use power blanket heaters or band heaters for the buckets when winter rears its ugly head.

What do you guys think? Please don't respond with "save your pennies and buy an e-20". That is not an option. We get 3-5 calls a week asking if we do sprayfoam and I'm sick of turning them away. And honestly, there is virtually no foam competition in a 2 hour radius. We need something now and that we can afford. Later down the road an e-20 or comparable unit is a possibility and we will go that route at that time.

TJ Peters

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 07:02 AM
Give us a call at 877 737 4362 to speak to a technical rep,
We have E-10 with the ability to pump from 5 gallon or 55 Gallon drums. We also sale foam in 5 gallon quantity.

However, if you are doing 3-5 jobs per week I would highly recommend going to an E-20 or maybe even E-30. Or, you may be interested in the ProPAK 100 Mobile Spray Rig. It's our entry level spray foam rig that comes with an E-10 Reactor.

Check out sprayfoamsys.com or give us a call at 877-737-4362.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 10, 2013 12:58 PM
While it is easy to connect an E10 to transfer pumps and feed it right out of the 55 gallon drums, you shouldn't. The main reason that you recirculate the E10 is so you can heat up the hose as it is not heated electrically. Not only that, the heater on the E10 is small and is not capable of heating the chemical out of the drum to fast. Let's say your drum temp is 70 degrees and you do not recirculate the material to prewarm it in the tanks and warm the hose and you start spraying. The material coming out of the gun is only going to be ambient temperature as there is no hose heat. Once the material that has passed through the heater reaches the gun it will only reach 90-110 degrees depending on the size mix chamber in the gun. Most foams are designed to be sprayed out hotter than that.

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.