Q&A Forums

Drum Disposal Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Sophie Brees
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 03:54 PM
Drum Disposal
How are you disposing of your used foam and coatings drums?
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 04:54 PM
got one scrap dealer that cannot deal with what the labels say. (too much like mega atomic chemicals. the big long words on the labels are too just much for him.)
But got a 2nd scrap guy that takes 'em all.I take the cap off so he can crush them. I take other scrap in at the same time. its fun to get paid for all of it. just wish the drums were made of copper!(yes i know:the foam would cost even more)
The drum contents are not considered a hazardous product.
I worked at a bigger foam outfit and they paid to have them taken away. I never knew exactly what happened to them. I always figured the scrap yard was one possibility. give it a try. do not call the yard. take a trial run there and see if they will take the drums.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 09:58 AM
Buy a 1986 Caterpillar D-3B with 4050 hours and 70% undercarriage, and 6-way blade and crush them suckers. Then take them to the scrap yard.

:). Worked for me.

olger
quentin
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 08:40 AM
Or you can look at the link and try that. You could store a lot of drums that way, have them crushed and easy runs to the scrap yard as well as quick removal of any other materials you happen to need to take to a local dump.

:D
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 11:06 PM
Yeah but you can't grade the dirt bike track with a forklift crusher. Or push down the old corncrib.

all the best,

olger
quentin
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 07:12 PM
LOL, you didn't click on the link did you? :p

OK, you can't grade with it but I am pretty sure you could level an old barn with it! Best part is if you leave the top open you can have a good bit of the job done for disposing of the trash.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 07:54 PM
I love hydraulics..
quentin
Posted: Mar 20, 2007 10:12 PM
Yet another reason for me to get out of the stupid computer industry. I don't get to play with cool toys anymore.

:(
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 09:32 AM
It seems like it hasn't even been ten years since myself and probably a lot of other people might have recommended to thier children to get into the computer industry.

It seems like once we here at home got the infrastructure in place, someone pulled the carpet out from underneath.

And if they can't ship it overseas or to Mexico then bring the cheap labor here. I'm pretty much convinced these days that if you can't beat'm join'm. I just ordered a Rosettastone spanish speaking course to brush up, just in case.

Leon
quentin
Posted: Mar 21, 2007 03:29 PM
Just about. There is plenty of work if I could move but here it is DOA. The bad part is they are now requiring Spanish all over the place here in SW Ohio of all places yet all the GM and Delphi plants are closing and moving the work to Mexico! We may just swap land and call it even since all the jobs are going there and the people coming here.

One of the big reasons I am busting my rear to get in to foam is that it RTEQUIRES you be there and can't be outsourced overseas. Also it wouldn't be such a pain and worry when I have to ask for time off for stupid court BS dealing with the psycho ex-wife. I've lost a couple of jobs due to her and her crap like sending the cops to my jobs based on false accusations and destroying my credit. As a result I get stuck doing contracting work which is a few weeks here, a few there and usually for about $10+ an hour under what my skills say I should be paid.

Enough on that though. LOL Anyone else that has been through the divorce with kids wringer should look at www.4fj.us though. I am a regional captain for Fathers-4-Justice as a result of mine.

Mean time I am still trying to find a way to finance my venture. I have a friend that is interested but hard to get ahold of since she is a truck driver and lives on the road.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.