Q&A Forums

Dow Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Jan 20, 2008 09:06 AM
Dow
Has anyone sprayed this new Dow foam? I have a client that wants me to spray it and I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with it? Bd Footage of coverage? Sprayability? Cost?

Thanks
Chad Gritzmaker
Posted: Feb 02, 2008 08:45 PM
Luke

I have been checking into the Dow Styrofoam SPF, ASI in Saginaw is a distributor for Dow in MI. Yield at least 4000, I was told it could be applied in 2.5"-3" lifts with no shrink back or cracking, check out all of the stats on Dows website. its a 2.lb foam so in theory 15% less yield than a 1.7lb (is it worth it)????? The price is supposed to be about the same as what everything else is going for. My question is, will the "Styrofoam" name help sell the product??? Let me know what you think.

Chad
in Kazoo
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 03, 2008 10:15 PM
Chad,

Haven't heard from you in awile and I lost your phone number. How have things been? Give me a call this week i think that I might have some work for you.

Luke
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Mar 05, 2008 04:17 PM
We spray Dow foam and it is decent. We are just a few miles from Dow Chemical's plant in Midland, so we are hoping the Dow name makes a difference. As for spraying in 2.5" to 3" lifts, I wouldn't. It seems to act just like most other foams, so we spray 1" to 2" per lift to play it safe. All of Dow's literature shows the foam being blue, but in reality it is light brown. In our area, if it's not blue, it's hard to convince people that it is Dow brand. We haven't had any problems with it at all so far. If we do have problems, I will definitely let people know.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.