Q&A Forums

D.O.T. & Haz Mat info Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 09:01 PM
D.O.T. & Haz Mat info
When we purchased our trailer, the salesman said that if we decided to put some graphics on the trailer or truck or if we pull a plain trailer with a lettered truck, we have to have a DOT number and a tagged trailer. We don't have to have a CDL but the driver has to have health certification from a doctor. Is this all pretty standard?

I called our State DOT and they said that we may have to use placards if we are hauling chemicals, especially into other states. What are most of you doing to stay legal? Are some tagging as farm vehicles (I think that is a loop).

What are the DOT/HazMat classifications for foam and polyurea? Are they just misc building materials or misc liquids?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 09:38 PM
Here in NH, you need a medical card because GVW of truck and trailer is over 10,000lbs. I only need DOT # if I am going to be traveling out of state. Chemicals are non-hazmat, non dot regulated materials. If you were to use bulk tanks, then there is some sort of requirement for the ISO. If you have more than X amount in one tank, there is some regulation, I think it is 100 gallons. You can have 4 55 gallon drums though, no prob. I haven't heard about having to have placards. Is that what they are called?

George
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Nov 29, 2006 10:48 PM
I believe 26,000 is the magic no. that requires a CDL. A health card isnt required unless you cross state lines. LLH

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.