Q&A Forums

Documentation Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
paul callahan
Posted: Aug 17, 2011 03:23 PM
Documentation
What specific documentation should an installer be able to provide to verify his product meets residential ignition barrier requirements? An installer provided me an announcement from GASCO he got directly off the internet. This doesnt cut it. What specifically should I ask for?
Circle-D
Posted: Aug 17, 2011 09:30 PM
Call the state fire marshall and ask for their list of approved products. Make sure your installers product is on that list.
Posted: Aug 18, 2011 09:21 AM
If I were a component in a residential home, I would want to be wood.

Nobody gives a damn that wood is the most flamable component of a home. Fiberglass is the pretty sister that everyone likes, but foam is the red headed step child that does all of the work.
paul callahan
Posted: Aug 18, 2011 12:28 PM
I know the GASCO 183M is "approved" but the question I have is how do I know that was the actual product installed? Anyone can say it is but it actully is not.
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 01:39 AM
well poacher,,
how the heck do i know that the doc put in
a depuy total knee in granny???,,,they may have used a
zimmer instead???
im not gettin it here??
did you hire the wrong contractor and you think they used cheapy foam???

?what is gasco183m?
Dean Nash
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 10:32 PM
He speaks of Gaco and may be a "seminar" poster as you imply but FTR, Gaco now has an IAMPO ESR report and if I knew how to upload it, I'd post it. Computer illiterate here.

Men of GACO, post the ESR for the 183 & Fire"stuff" for these guys please!!! Greg, Tom, Joe, Jason help a brother out.

Joe

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.