Q&A Forums

Do your homework Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Raymond Brooks
Posted: Dec 05, 2008 10:00 PM
Do your homework
I just got home from helping someone who was sold a rig, then left hanging out to dry. For anyone who is thinking about getting into this business, I strongly suggest asking any potential supplier for at least 5 references and CALL them. If they can't supply you with five names, keep walking. Get it in writing, do not get sidetracked by salesman speak. Every detail of what you are getting for you money should be in writing.

I write this for a couple of reasons.
1) You should have heard the despair in this guys voice on the phone. He is an intelligent, successfull man who got oversold and underreceived. It can happen to you, too.

2)Through no fault of his own, this guy is out spraying goo all over the place. Anybody looking at the job, will see foam shrinking, major voids in the foam and think this stuff ain't all that. Bad press about one job is bad press for foam in general. This industry is about to really take off. Well, that's what they said 30 years ago and foam still has only 7% of the market. Bad applicators=bad press=very slow growth.

There are some very good, very responsive, and very honest suppliers out there. Find THEM.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.