Q&A Forums

Disclaimers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 05:39 PM
Disclaimers
What would be some standard disclaimers to include with a quote?
SPFer
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:17 PM
draft stopping and fireproofing is not included unless specified
SPFer
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:18 PM
"so and so insulation inc" is not responsible for foam leakage due to gaps in framing or finish materials
SPFer
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:19 PM
all work to be done at a premium price using below average workmanship resulting in a quasi-decent end product
Yvan Richard
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:55 PM
Thanks, I really like the last one. HAHA!!
Yvan Richard
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 08:57 PM
I am new to the business, I am not 100% sure what you mean by "draft stopping"
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 25, 2010 10:33 PM
Terms of payment. 50% due first day of spraying, balance due while rolling up the hose. 12% interest for accounts more than 30 days past due.
Make sure you get paid!

George
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 06:09 AM
george,,that might work for the homeowner/general(if they are financing out of their own bank account,,read below)but the builders round here draw once a month and if you cant give them 30 days you wont be spraying for them again...they do not want to pay out of their own bank account to cover the customers responsibility...
now then,,,even most homeowner/general projects still are being done under a "construction loan" with the banks adminestering the $$$ paid and leins,,they do not just hand out 350k to the homeowner and say have at it...they make the loan and want to see invoices so they can make a draw to pay such bill,,usually once a month...they want to have a grip on where and how the project is being done,,cause if it goes to poop they have a pretty good intrest in the pile that results...
use the terms to cement professional relationships,,,to get 2nd and 3rd and future jobs...
jmho
'dude
SPFer
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 10:53 AM
Dude,

I understand what you are saying about contractors not wanting to pay out of their own pocket to cover the owner's responsibility. However, I do not want to pay out of my own pocket to provide materials for the contractor's project.

Almost all of the builders I work with have no problem giving us a deposit to cover materials, and most of them give us their repeat business.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.