Q&A Forums

Death! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Birch
Posted: May 27, 2008 01:09 PM
Death!
I can't believe this message board isn't going crazy with comments concerning the recent death of a foam installer by fire during application!

Do people just not know about this sad event or are we all just hoping it will go away?

Dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts about open-cell foam saws but only 6 (Under "How to make the industry better") about this tragic and potentially industry changing event?

Here's the link. Get educated, speak out.
http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080520/NEWS/805200318
Jim Coler
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 09:50 AM
I think people are afraid to comment because we don't yet know the facts regarding the situation. The media has put their twist on it that it was the foam or foam vapors which caused the fire, but as a fireman who has been spraying foam for years, I don't see this as the cause.

Any in depth discussion about this would only be speculation at this point, but I feel confident that they will come to the conclusion that the foam was not the cause.

So, be patient and I'd love to get into some moreindepth discussion about this once we know more details about the actual situation.
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 01:26 PM
I read the article, and my sympathies go out to this gentleman's family. I would definitely be interested in knowing the details of the incident in order to better prevent future occurrences of a similar nature.
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:26 AM
(poser)
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 12:50 AM
what the heck can you say,,,
condolences to the family and friends....

but what the heck should we be posting here???
the info in the mainstream media was somewhat "slanted",,,typical of todays journalism,,,half truths,,inuendo's and opinions based on opinions,,,,force fed as truth...

remember that this is an open forum to the general public...and that amongst that general public are a certain population that would love to see our industry go away....they would love to see us shoot ourselves in our own feet,,,and statements of speculation and generalizations are the first steps in shoulder,,,site,,,& shoot...

as a sprayfoam contractor/installer/owner i need objective information from credible industry sourses in order to come to some way to respond to this tragedy...until that information is assimilated to the general public i can only guess,,,and to respond based on a guess is of no real use other than provideing poetic release...

'dude

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.