Q&A Forums

data Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 05, 2012 07:51 AM
data
..can my brothers and sisters in foam help with??
message recieved,,,
thank you,,,
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 21, 2012 08:43 AM
..and you just cant imagine what that data shows..
what i've been trying to get the spfa to give me for years,,,or my suppliers,,,or any body else,,,

just a way to show the average joe how this stuff works better than the other stuff,,,
to help them decide why they should spend their money on my product in their new home...
no mumbo jumbo bazfocrapocharto's that glaze the eyes the minute you look at em,,,

oh,,,to all of you who helped with data,,
copy on the way,,,
to the rest of you....
wingtips.....call doogles,,,,

oh and did i say god bless???
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 22, 2012 04:37 PM
Hey dude,
would you mind to share your data?
greatly appreciated
Jeremiah

jeremiah,,
i dont see that you provided me with any data when i called for data,,,
see this is how this industry works jeremiah,,,hands out,,,
ask and give nothing in return,,,and blowhards like me are supposed to just give it away
no more jeremiah,,,

i've given for 15years and never asked for a thing,,,
recently,,,this industry has pretty much thumbed its nose at me...
thru me and my company under the bridge,,,
and did i say all the while sayin god bless???

well jeremiah
there ya go...it is now every man for himself
answers a resounding no

dude
and wait till ya see the shrinking injection foam pictures,,,im gonna start a war or get my ass sued good...lol...like i give a damn the truth dont hurt and a picture tells a thousand words,,
god bless
jeff henderson
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 04:38 PM
Well..if I had known it was a limited time offer I would have sent in some data earlier!

I was going to send in an anecdote...would that qualify as data? (datum?)
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 23, 2012 08:01 PM
Are there some posts missing here or what? Did I miss something?

George
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 05:42 AM
georgeous georgous...
posted a request for about a week for data,,,
the response was,,,
well,,,overwellming,,,and heartwarming,,,
and well the placards at the printer,,
and don is off giveing the presentation in illinois,,,so,,since i pretty much sounded like i was begging for help in gettin basic heers certificate info,,crap data,,,and heard from none of my good buddies,,,well,,i edited the post and decided to rant gorgeous,,,rant and friggin rave george,,,so....
what,,they gonna do,,thro me off the board like ole dll ??waa...brother,,,life is way to short
you heard it hear first!! time someone speaks up
or throws up...
btw..how was dallas..lol

,,and imma thinkin,,datturds..
jeff henderson
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 06:49 PM
ok - not trying to be rude now, but methinks that part of the communication process is, ummmm....broken?

Your style of writing is perhaps a bit opaque at times...I'm reading your last post and I'm still not sure if you got any useful info or not.

What I was able to decipher from your original post (when I used the blackberry app 'translate foamdude english to Canadian English') seemed like a worthwhile exercise but one that I didn't feel I had any data to contribute too...was trying to avoid garbage in garbage out so I didn't respond.

Perhaps you would consider re-wording your request...maybe even making it a survey of sorts so that some stats can be run on the numbers.

Did anyone actually respond?
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 26, 2012 02:47 PM
cfm50 data on filterglass or cellulose or hybrid insulation type homes from blower door studies

obviously i have foam home numbers

heers rating is like leeds. does nothing for us unless u look at cfm50. thats it

geo,,,,forced air,,,,or a burnin bucket of horse turd. btu loss is btu loss. if da house is leakin dont matter how u make the heat or what it cost you the load/loss is the same,,,
green my azz
mark moyer
Posted: Jun 12, 2012 06:43 AM
heers index 41
conditioned area 4368 sq ft
conditioned volume 39472 cu ft
nuthin fancy: frame it,,foam-it,,f***-it
5" OC in 2x6 framed,,,2.5" in 2x4 furred foundation..flat lid sealed with 3-4" OC topped with 12" filterglass,,,winders .30/.29
410 cfm50 htg/clg by blower door test
elec htg 3.9 cop Clg 17.5 EER w DSH
16cfm duct leakage to outside
bla bla bla...

estimated annual energy cost: confirmed rating
heating: mmbtu: 12.5 cost: $275 percent: 17%
cooling: mmbtu: 3.7 cost: $81 percent 5%
lites/appliances 39.1 cost: $859 percent 53%
hot water mmbtu 13.6 cost: $298 percent $18

so 5 star plus is an index of 70 or less so this should be a 5 star ++++ maybe,,,lol...
happens everytime,,,expensive foam insulation,,
exceeds the coveted energy star by 50%....
and still one of the cheapest components in the building package...hmm,,,but damn that foam insulation is just to expensive,,,
we need windmills,,and solar panels,,and rain barrels,,,,yeah thats the ticket to real energy conservation...
anyone notice the lights and appliances usuage in the above house,,,aint this where all the energy star fixtures are???where all the fancy do nuthin 20$ rebates are,,,whats bein saved here??...but we be hawkin wares that are to expensive to garner mainstream use...
ok,,have a great day..spray foam,,,
angus mcdougald
Posted: Jul 26, 2012 10:51 PM
We have test in audit info for at least 500 audits.... maybe in that group we tested 2 or3 energy star homes with filterglas. Also we had a guy who built 3 nearly identical homes one foam ,one fiber, and i think one fiber installed correctly..... rutgers had some involvment in the research....

We provide return on investments customized to each client based on the audit, utility bill analysis, and modeling programs like treat or rha....

And dude your words are poetry....nothing better then your posts on this site ( even learning about buying this clear bags for my head... that was good)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.