Q&A Forums

crossovers and hosewhips... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
angus mcdougald
Posted: Aug 03, 2011 02:07 PM
crossovers and hosewhips...
So I broke my crossover cherry..... never had one in 5 years... I thought they were like unicorns and easy. Jobs - mythical

I think last night my guy tried to spray when b had no pressure as opposed to leak or dirty side seal. Of course he didn't say anything about the gun shooting only A before we left.....

Anyway I was reading about Georges 4' SS hose whips... I am wondering why buy a 600$ 10 ft whip also if I use the little hose whips. Also why is a 10ft hose assembly 600 when a 50ft hose is 1200? And that being the price structure, should I just get the 50ft length.....

I hate when jobs go to poop
angus mcdougald
Posted: Aug 03, 2011 08:17 PM
So taking the whip apart, im thinking why buy a whip when I need only the resin side?

Ill pay like 200 for a 10ft b side heated hose.... will somebody sell that?

Also it really amazes me how little innovation there is considering how much we pay for this equipment..... like a check valve....
John Shockney
Posted: Aug 04, 2011 12:21 AM
The P-II gun has check valves in the side blocks on the A and B sides along with the filter screens.

Airpro
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Aug 04, 2011 02:57 PM
Hello bright...I waited and waited for you to call me back on that whip. Gusmer used to sell replacement whip sides, but Graco does not offer that option, sorry. Some guys will extend the whip hoses for more flexibility, by using little hydraulic hoses for say 15-20" so there is very heat loss.
Tim Trott
Posted: Aug 04, 2011 04:49 PM
I got 10' stainless flex whips from George- I can fasten the end of the hose to staging with a bungy and spray from end to end with ease. I use p2 guns as well
Posted: Aug 04, 2011 08:40 PM
there are a couple of good vendor sourses here for the flexible whips...
we use 24" on a and b and 18" on air with shut off at hose/flex junction...
we DO notice the lack of heat in this section when you set the gun down even for a short stop when the temps start to drop...shoot off target(bag-it?)for a squirt or two till it comes back up,,,the flexibitiy of the gun is unreal compared to the limitations of the traditional hosewhip assembly in this hillbilly foamers opinion,,,
and if your really hillbilly,,,hydraulic hose shop might be able to set you up,,,order a 4 pk,,,one for the rig,,one for tool box,,,sweet dreams are made of these,,,
chad harris
Posted: Aug 05, 2011 12:13 AM
Same as foamdude, you really can't beat the hydraulic hoses, unless you don't like that one second burst of cold foam. They are extremely flexible and cheap! About 95% of our hose heat problems were always on our $600.00 heated whip line. We do not miss it!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 17, 2011 08:01 PM
:)

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.