Q&A Forums

crawl space Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
andy buff
Posted: Jul 20, 2010 07:53 AM
crawl space
Mason
im looking at a crawl space that has poly over dirt floor 2" foam board around the block wall.the fiberglass stuffed in the floor joists has mold on the face. we are going to remove fiberglass spray 2"cc to bottem of floor,box sills and seal foam board top and bottom so that the poly floor is sealed to foam board.there are two vents in the wall i plan on sealing up. would this be the best way . i think the mold is comiming from the hot muggy air outside hitting the cool air of the crawlspace dewing on craft face of the glass? cold winters humid summers up here
mason
Posted: Jul 21, 2010 08:42 AM
That would work if the moisture is coming from air infiltration. But, You should find out exactly where the moisture is coming from. It might be bulk water entering from the outside.

For example, I had a crawl space recently where they failed to install a drainage tile system at the foundation. Consequently, the ground was damp/saturated next to the foundation wall. It wouldn't matter how you treated the floor or wall, in that case, you would have to dig up the foundation and stop bulk water from entering the space.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.