Q&A Forums

compressor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
bill kinsey
Posted: Apr 10, 2011 12:35 AM
compressor
I recently purchased a Gusmer H25/30. I need some advice on the recommended air compressor to run it and two transfer pumps & 1 mixer. Im not setting up mobile.
Im spraying polyurethane over eps foam for the prop/theming industry. The man I bought it from used a 7.5 hp Husky compressor that put out 27.2 cfm @ 90 psi. He said it rarely kicked on...
Is this compressor overkill? The users manuals only have the cfm usage for the transfer pumps
& agitator. Im trying to be efficient and not buy a compressor that puts out more than Ill ever use.
Thanks
quentin
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 07:27 AM
OK, you will need to do the math but add in all the air in CFM from the pumps, mixer and gun at the highest PSI required of any of them. Then add a bit to be sure because sooner or later you will decide that things like an air gun for cleanup, maybe an air grinder to help with shaping or etc will be handy.

The H25/30 won't be using air for the pumps but you will need to look at the GUN you pick for that. Of course an easy way is a 7HP rotary screw compressor like Eaton sells. Quieter than the pump compressors and will last you dang near forever. And yes I own an Eaton and found they make good compressors with good support so will plug them on that one. Also remember you will still need an air dryer of some sort so decide how you want to do that one.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.