Q&A Forums

Composite Side Seal Inserts for Fusion AP Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 09:04 PM
Composite Side Seal Inserts for Fusion AP
Take this for what it's worth. One of my rigs is dedicated to roofing only. I usually park my rig at the beginning of a job and don't pull off till we are finished. As usual, December and January are the worse roofing months for us due to weather.

I rebuilt my Fusion AP around the 9th or 10th of December and put on some new composite side seal inserts that Jason at Sprayfoam Equip and Manufacturing out of Calhoun, La gave me to try out that they designed. I lightLy sanded my 03 spray chamber to make sure there were no scratches, installed everything, hooked the fusion to the manifold and put iit on the roof.

Since the 11th of December, we were only able to work 17 days due to high wind, moisture, rain, humidity, and ice. In those 17 days, we sprayed just over 20 sets of foam leaving the hose and gun on the roof 24/7 (really only sprayed 5 days, the rest was prep or half days due to weather) and not so much as squirting grease into the gun and never had a crossover one time. Never had one spit of A or B come out of the chamber with the air on and trigger not pulled. Even the orings held up that we get from The Rubber House in Baton Rouge.

We are pretty efficient with a Fusion AP, but this has never happened to us before.

We are either very lucky or Jason and his guys have come up with a composite that works well compared to Graco's metal ones.

Take it for what is worth, but I figured I would at least put it out there!
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 06:17 PM
Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Anybody know anything about the new integrated foam machines from Graco? The "E-30i" or something like that?
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 26, 2012 07:28 PM
I used a demo one from my dealer for a week or so. Sprayed good and had a lot of computer technology features. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.....good I guess as long as they all keep working. Need to be a programmer first and sprayer 2nd if they don't.
The intergrated reactor heated up quickly from the generator coolant. Graco says this machine has a 100 degree delta T. I currently use shore power so the generator feature was really nice. Two minutes from pulling on the site, things were starting to warm up. You can get approx 24 hrs, 11 minutes and 12 seconds run time from a 20 gallon tank of fuel. The self priming feature on the diesel engine works well if you should run it out of fuel,LOL.
The control board logs all info....engine start time,pump start time, shut down times.....everything. You can tell what time your guys got started, when they went to lunch and for how long. Hold the button for 3 seconds and it will tell you what they had for lunch.
All in all it was a good machine, a little pricey but if you had to build it all from scratch you would probably have close to the same $$ invested. Graco supplied one to several dealers to build out for demo rigs. Find a local dealer with one and take it for a bit to try it out. The Graco "try before you buy" program at its finest. Good luck and keep the trigger pulled.
swfoam
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 12:14 AM
I am interested to hear about this graco -e30i? Where can I find information about it? I googled it but came up with nothing?

Thanks for your help.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 09:29 AM
I would expect it to be on the Graco website. I would also expect them to have one on display in Dallas next week. Give George a call at Sprayfoam Dist. of New England. All his contact info is here on this site. You would be hard pressed to find someone more knowledgeable or willing to work with you.
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 09:39 AM
Wow! I just looked and it is not on the Graco site. They have that "wanna be a foam machine" E8P on there but no E30i, amazing. Maybe they won't have one in Dallas either. Hey Graco!, I know your listening, will it be there or not.
Lynn Mether
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 10:07 AM
I was told graco is doing an official unveil in Dallas. I bet it wont be on the website till after.
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 06:25 PM
Yeah that's right. It won't be on the web till after the SPFA convention.
Skip is just so far ahead of us all, he has already USED it before it's even for sale.
Skip, what do consider "pricey" for this new bigger and badder foam machine?
Does it have the output of a fire truck or is it the same as an E-30?
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 09:05 PM
I used it the last week of Septemeber. All the major dealers should have had one available for you guys. I was told by Graco at the Northeast Conference in May that it would list around 53K. So depending on your dealer it should not be anymore than that.
It is basically the same ole E30 except the material heaters come from the generator coolant as opposed to electric heaters. This enables a smaller generator to be used, just for the pumps and hose heat. The heat is transfered thru a heat exchanger that would protect from cross contamination should a leak in one of the systems arise. It would heat up to operational temp in 20 minutes or so. We never had to wait for the machine to get warm.
The computer control had a neat data logger in it. It would tell you how many gallons you pumped of each component, how many pump strokes, lifetime pump strokes, etc. You could program it to shutdown at a given point. Say you know you had 15 gallons of material left in a set. You could set it to shutdown after pumping 13 gallons. Then someone could,hang out in the rig until the other 2 were gone and shut down to change drums. Therotically you'd never run out of material by accident. Pretty neat little package, really if everything stays working as it should.
Those that used it were supposed to send Graco a feedback form stating the pros and cons. It will be nice to see what Graco has to say about that in Dallas.
swfoam
Posted: Jan 28, 2012 12:19 AM
Sounds interesting to me, though there are other manufacturers that use similar methods to heat material and hoses by engine coolant.

Graco never ceases to amaze me on how they overcharge for there equipment. I just finished building a new rig that uses engine coolant to heat the material and provide the hose heat for two 250 foot hose groups. No need for a generator. I burn about 3/4 of a gallon an hour of diesel. The total price including a brand new 28 foot gooseneck was 33k.

I know Graco has to make money to, but give me a break
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Jan 28, 2012 11:34 AM
Skip,
So you are saying that the E30i still uses electric hose heat instead of water heated hoses?
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 28, 2012 05:13 PM
Yes, I believe that to be the way it is. I never looked in great detail. I believe there was only one heat exchanger. How would you heat the hoses with coolant without making them heavier and bulkier than thay are now........nightraidr86?
mark moyer
Posted: Jan 28, 2012 05:48 PM
...graco,,expensive,,,
breakdown,,open manual...
phone call...overnite..
part in rig,,,
spray foam,,,
make money,,,
all rigs the same/similiar

respectfully,,in the beginning,,when i was alone
and growing and had time and had just the hydracat i had time to do a lot of fabin and was darned proud of it,,and it helped with my start up $$ budget for sure...but now,,no way,,would not be productive,,or cost effective for my operation..
swfoam
Posted: Jan 28, 2012 11:06 PM
Skip

Its pretty simple, at least the way I do it. If you want more detailed instructions message me. But basically I used continuous length synflex moisture-lok hose and then wrapped coiled plastic tubing around them to keep temp maintained. I did use 1/2" wall pipe insulation to hold heat better then wrapped it with ballistic nylon scuff jacket. The hoses are the same size, maybe a little bigger, but they weigh less. For both complete 250ft hose groups I spent about $5,000.

It takes some work and time but you get trouble free, nearly indestructible hose groups.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jan 30, 2012 09:45 AM
The E-30i and E-XP2i will be released on Wednesday and showcased at the sprayfoam convention. Most distributors are attending the training this Friday. Pricing will be available after the release - several options to choose from, would you like one or two? LOL
Circle-D
Posted: Jan 30, 2012 07:41 PM
Depends how good of a sales lady you are on Wednesday.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jan 31, 2012 04:53 AM
I will pencil you in for two! LOL

BTW- there are 3 heat exchangers.
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 02, 2012 03:49 PM
(antifreeze+osb=????)

1)pizzed off general contractor,,,
2)whole lotta subfloor goin on,,,,
3)does frameing members absorb ethelyn glycol??hey me engineerman play asong for me,,,

just kiddin,,,bored silly,,,waitin on trailer to build rig
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 03, 2012 08:11 PM
Whoa!!! not so quick Goddess. It was a pleasure putting a face to the name in Dallas. Those PMC machines look pretty sweet. Has anybody got one and how do you like it.

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread either, Steve.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.