Q&A Forums

Closed Cell Foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
swfoam
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 11:54 PM
Closed Cell Foam
I am curious to what gun people are using for closed cell foam?

Is anyone using the fusion mechanical purge, Fusion CS, AP-2, or the Gx-7A?

We use the fusion ap for open cell, but it doesn't place nice with anything smaller than a 02 tip. And we need smaller tips for detail work.

What are you guys using?
Rodney Schares
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 09:48 PM
Clearshot. Nice and light easy to maintain
tryg waterhouse
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 01:55 PM
nghtraidr86, what do you mean by not playing nice? Can you give me a more detailed description? Im curious what kind of issues you're having?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 03:19 PM
I believe we had a lengthy conversation about this, this week! I see you have not come to a conclusion.

Tryg, I believe he has a lot of build up and clean up time. I referenced George to provide some input as his guys in the NE like the CS gun for closed cell, we do a lot of open cell down here. He had issues with the side seals and check valves being so tiny on the CS, and the cs fluid $.
tryg waterhouse
Posted: Jul 21, 2014 03:38 PM
hmm interesting. Im surprised with the huge number of people using the AP gun for just about every application imaginable that he would be having any issues with it, regardless of chamber size. Have you heard anything similar from anyone else?
Cory Boehs
Posted: Jul 23, 2014 11:19 AM
We have found that the Fusion CS sprays the best CC foam. They aren't as easy to maintain, and the parts are expensive. But at the end of the day, they spray the best CC. We use Fusion Aps for our OC. Also, we have tried the AP2, and it doesn't seem to be as solid as the Graco guns. The aluminum that they use is very soft, and is easily damaged. I love the concept of the AP2, and would love to go to that. Maybe Version 2.0!
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 11:20 AM
Depending on the brand of CC foam the customer is using, he probably has to drill out alot. Of course the clearshot gun takes care of this issue and you go from having a good pattern for only a short time with the AP to having a good pattern for hours with the CS. If he had issues with the side seal, do you know how old they are? Is it one of the original guns? How old are the side seal springs? There were a couple of issues with both early on. Now that they have been corrected, the CS guns are just as reliable and maintenance free as the AP or Probler P2 guns. Once you get through the learning curve of course...

George
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 01:24 PM
Maybe you could teach me someday, like in August?? We have had this discussion, I am not a fan, but I am open-minded because you like it so much.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 24, 2014 05:01 PM
Hmmm, teaching the competition? A good idea? LOL!

George
Emory
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 03:53 PM
what happens to the cs gun when the fluid runs out .
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 03:56 PM
It performs like an air purge gun and you have to drill it out.

George
Emory
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 04:12 PM
thanks I went from a fusion AP to the AP2 and I like it but was wondering about the CS gun.
tryg waterhouse
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 04:17 PM
George,

Do you think users would prefer if the CS gun had the ability to crank up the purge air in the event that they run out of CS fluid? Im wondering if this would help die hard AP users be more accepting of the CS gun and be able to realize its true benefits? We can discuss in more detail when I'm out your way in a couple weeks.

Tryg
Emory
Posted: Jul 30, 2014 09:56 AM
I would like to talk to you about the cs gun if you have time.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 31, 2014 11:11 AM
Not sure if you meant me or someone else, but if it is me, 603.745.3911

George
Dakotafoamboy
Posted: Aug 02, 2016 02:20 AM
I started out with an AP-1 which sucked and was heavy. Went to a fusion ap, with is pretty good except the handle sucks (bondo to reshape the handle and I was just ticked pink:). Tried out a AP-2 and what a waste of money that was. Multiple bad chambers from the factory, handle isn't much better than the fusion (hand cramps) and to many special nylon parts that have to be replaced with factory original expensive parts. They designed is based off the AP-1 yet with a few improvements to add strength to its weakness which were poorly thought out in my opinion. So at the end of the day I'm sticking with my fusion ap and I have a barely used AP-2 for sale to anyone who loves the gun for reasons unknown to me.
Artiefoam Experienced
Posted: Apr 28, 2019 07:30 AM
Used Fusion AP for 10 years now, love it, would never change to another.
Timothy Stratton
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 01:23 AM
The Boss Gen2 is pretty darn good! Been spraying with it since Sept 2018 both OC and CC 2# & 10# and have not had the fluid housing apart yet!!! Today is June 19, 2019... And no I am not connected to Boss in any way..

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.