Q&A Forums

Closed Cell Foam on the exterior of Basement and Under Slab Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Guy Dauderman
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 04:26 PM
Closed Cell Foam on the exterior of Basement and Under Slab
Can closed cellbe sprayed on the extior of the basement and foundation? It seams that damp proofing and installaion of 2" foam board would be alot of labor and spraying closed cell would
provide a higher R value and seamless vspor barrier in one shot.

Also... has anyone sprayed 2" of closed cell over the gravel for under basement floor insulation?
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 06:28 PM
I have had good luck with both applications. You have to have the right sit conditions though. This doesn't work well in areas where there isn't good drainage of there is moisture laden soil.

Give me a call to discuss in more detail... I love you guys but I am not sharing all of my tricks!!!!

Luke
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 04:29 AM
...rofl...
then why are you here???
you had no problem takein advice,,,
pmpilsh,,

peace,,
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 08:29 AM
Foamdude,

I will gladly share advice with you...

But this is a pretty tricky application and I have seen it done wrong too many times...

I take advice, yes, but I am happy to give it. Just dont want it to fall into the wrong hands:-)
Posted: Feb 22, 2010 09:50 PM
lukester,,been sprayin slabs and foundations since 98,,,
did 15k slab for the local plumber supply warehouse in 08,,,our largest by far...
i hate sprayin foundations from the outside,,,most guys want to dig the hole just big enought to set/strip the forms,,makeing it a tough application for a guy with the wingspan of a bald eagle...and it is always a mudhole hellhole,,,but it is the "best" application for foundations,,no doubt about it,,,
i have sprayed many a "wet" grade,,it is a biatch,,,but it is doable if you slow down(not my strong suit)and i educate those whom ask that i am only as good as the grade i spray to..
i luv slab on grade,,really should market it more...
SPFer
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 06:50 AM
When spraying the outside of the foundation, what do you do about the portion of the foundation that is above grade?

We sprayed under our first slab last week. Went allright but had some minor issues. Would like to talk to someone who has done alot of it. Luke, can we set up a conversation?
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Feb 23, 2010 11:58 AM
Caddis,

Hit me up.

269.629.5690 is the number at the office.

Foamduder.. I know what you mean about the small holes. It is a pain but I would far prefer that to spraying against in the inside between 1x1's.

Keep the trgger pulled guys.

Luke

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.