Q&A Forums

cleanup Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Harry S
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 10:38 AM
cleanup
we use the "shav-er" for some of our cleanup. anybody know if the barrel cutters can be re-sharpened?
andy buff
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 06:19 PM
how does da shaver work,what kind of foam are you shaving
Mike Stephenson
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 07:55 PM
Have guys ever tried the "foamzall"? We tried the "dashaver" and it made foam feathers like crazy and we had a terrible time cleaning the job site! It shaved the foam ok, it just made a huge mess. Then I ran accross the "foamzall" and tried it and fell in love with it! It's alot easier picking up a piece foam then a feather! It works great and my guys love it. Every rig should come with one of these tools. We trimmed foam by hand for a long time and after my guys started to look like Popeye, we decided to look for a better way to trim. After searching alot of different options, we finally found the one tool that worked. The "foamzall" is that tool. Heck I should be getting commission!! Oh well, when you find something that works, you like to spread the word. I think they have a listing on the classified section. Well that's my 2 cents.
Happy trimming!
Harry S
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 01:36 PM
You're right! We've also got a Foamzall. They work great for open cell but are no good for closed cell. The Sha-Ver works best for closed cell but once the barrel cutters wear, then you're stymied. Also, where do you buy the cutters? Anyplace in the midwest?
Curtis Bell
Posted: Aug 28, 2008 04:12 PM
A dremel tool is all i can think of to use for sharpening. We use a leaf vac/mulcher for clean-up with our shaver. It works great and it chews up the bigger chunks of foam. The only bad part is emptying the bag.
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 08:09 AM
Send me a close up pick of the cutters. We may be able to sharpen them and hardcoat it. We now hard coat inducstrial knife blades and have increased life from 2million cycles to 12million.
SPFer
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 06:33 AM
Where can I find the Shav-er? I looked online, but could not find it.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.