Q&A Forums

Classes and Ignition barrier? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 03:26 PM
Classes and Ignition barrier?
Two questions for everyone.

1) Has anyone taken the classes offered by CPi on foam business and spraying?

2) Worth it or not?
Rob Granger
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 03:55 PM
Quentin, I sent my guy to CPI because it was the closest to our office. I did not go but he said the class was good. If I had to do it over I would pick the longest class I could find. There is so much to learn in this business from pricing/estimating to selling, to properly installing foam. I know that UCSC/Bay Systems sprays to a zero(temp)degree piece of metal during their training to show you how foam reacts with a cold substrate. CPI does not do that... That lesson alone is worth mucho $$$$ You will never forget it.. Talk to the people who give the classes and ask them to explain more in detail what they cover... Our next step is to augment our learning with another class whether it be on site training or another in house class. Once you have installed some foam you will have many more questions and a totally different perspective.

As far as ignition barrier's - I won't quote a job that requires one without it. I would rather lose a job before not installing it because of the liability. My image has also grown because of my stand. Some of the guys that have been spraying for years are not quoting it.... The new kid knows what he is talking about... I give a copy of the code to my potential customers at the time of the sale and explain why installation is necessary.
Kyle Wheeler
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 09:54 PM
Can you tell me where I find out more information on the training UCSC/Bay Systems provides? Is there other training courses people would recommend regarding cc spraying? I am having a heck of a time with spraying in the colder weather.
Rob Granger
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 06:14 AM
Rookie7 go to BUYUCSC.com and contact Robin Poole.
quentin
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 08:26 AM
Looking at various spray on ignition barriers and thermal barriers to make sure I meet local codes. If it is in a structure such as a work shed or attic that is not a living space, do you still need a barrier in most areas? I can do a fair number of barns and etc around here is why.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.